DAYS: Alum Actress From OLTL Joining

• Members

I see your point, but at the same time, I have a full brother who is 18 years older than I am and half siblings over 20 years older. That's happening more and more these days IRL, so it's really not that far out.

I have no history with the character and I like Kassie a lot, so I hope this works out.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have a sister I'm 23 years older than.

I understand it happens. But it's jarring on screen esp when you have hope with a little girl, Jennifer with adult kids, and shane/Kim are not there to help explain/show that eve and theresa are sisters. Hope and Julie are like mother and daughter, not sisters.

She had it darker for a bit but it seems like it's back to the blonde.

Yes. But they had Doug there and told those story beats hopes entire life.

• Members
And we just had a teenage/college age Chad be siblings with a 50+ year old Kristen and people accepted it. I think the audience is smarter than you give them credit for.

it would be the same issue if CR was in the role. At 46, she looks like she could be JL's mother and again the character should

• Members

I think in the realm of soap hierarchy she's an A lister. By hierarchy I mean she's got the longevity, the identification with an iconic role and a VERY devoted (some might say insanely so tongue.png ) fan base. Now if you're talking talent, I rate her B to B minus depending on when and what she's playing. I include her GL work in that.

It's no secret that I'm not a fan of hers. I find her terribly overrated. IMO she's a scenery chewer who lacks subtlety. For better or worse, she reminds me a lot of Kim Zimmer. Also some of her off screen behavior has left me with an exceedingly low opinion of her. All that said, the woman shows up and works her ass off on screen for everything they give her even when it's crap and I respect that.

I think it will be good for her to play another character. I've found her personal attachment to the character of Blair a little OTT and I think it will be good for her to sink her teeth into something different. I saw a clip of her in that horror movie she did a while back and I felt like I was seeing her for the first time. Plus I'm all for an over 40 actress getting to work.

• Members

Cheap, YES to the Cynthia Preston idea! She is flawless and how she hasn't popped up on another soap really baffles me! But like Vee said I feel like she'll be back on GH sooner rather than later. Faith was one of my favorite characters ever, and one of the only suitable rivals that Sonny ever had.

Archived