DAYS: Alum Actress From OLTL Joining

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Are we really going to debate the realism of someone's age on a show where a man born in 1997 is SORASed to the point of being stepdad to a child two years older than he?

CS is not on the show in any consistent capacity (nor is PP, and in both cases, that's a shame), so quite frankly, the age thing is kind of moot. I am reserving judgment until she's on my screen, as honestly, I have not really seen any of CR run as Eve. Let's see what this show can do.

• Members

I can't really comment on the actors or the character, as she was before my time and I haven't watched any old eps with her, but I've seen more than a few miscasts regarding age on soaps. Incidentally, the parent-child age mishaps tend to *look* less jarring to me than when they just recast somebody with an older actor. This looks like it'll be a stretch, though.

• Members

I like Kassie as an actress! She is a good actress and I enjoyed her work on OLTL as Blair Kramer Manning. I also loved her on GL as Chelsea Reardon who should've married Johnny Bauer. (Did they ever marry?) Either way, I DO AGREE that she is MISCAST in the role of Eve Donovan. However, since one of my favorite actresses, Charlotte Ross can not do the role because she's involved in other projects I would rather take an already established soap actress playing the role then a newbie where they can't muster up the acting chops to make Eve, the **itchy princess she was. I'm glad the character is returning and is what Theresa needs!

I do think it would have been better to probably bring her back as Sandy Horton or a new character. I say Sandy because it would be nice to have that character back on screen for the Horton's IMO, and much history could be used as well as created. Plus Sandy was also a doctor in the hospital! I would love for more Horton's to be in the hospital. She could have been the new Chief of Staff and really put Anne in her place.

Kassie could have also been brought on as a new character and mixed it up with the Dimera's and Kiriakis clan. There are many other ideas for her as an actress on Days she could've been. However, I will see how she does with the character Eve because I'm excited to have the character back on the show in the summer! I hope the summer storylines are reminiscent to the summer storylines in the past with adventure and so on! If the WRITERS were GOOD WRITERS, I would suggest they take a stab at recreating the Miami Drug storyline...not in Miami but maybe somewhere else like L.A., California, since Theresa, J.J. and Brady are addicts and the story could be much bigger since they were supposed to be bringing on a big drug dealer or something like that. And wouldn't it add layers to the character of Aiden if he was involved in the story as well. Tie in another Dimera who they could create or look into family tree wise and maybe a much bigger boss than that and you have yourself an adventure. Not only a good adventure with danger, location, but also a romance if they really want to go the way of J.J. and Theresa, and throw the other girl into the mix as a triangle; I kind of like her on the show. I also think they should cast her father since he is a bigwig and you have yourself an instant classic soap storyline with a little rich girl getting involved with a flawed young male who the father doesn't personally care for and could be trying to break up. Throw Theresa in the mix as the little vixen who now wants him...involve them in the L.A. Drug storyline and INSTANT SUMMER STORYLINE HINT with all the CLASSIC SOAPY DRAMA! JUST MY THOUGHTS!

• Members

I think it's a potential miscast, and I think she looks too old to be Charles Shaughnessy's daughter although the age difference between her and Ross is not that vast.

I do think it's a great role and a good opportunity, though - she'd be perfect for it if not for Shane Donovan being the father - so I'll check her out on it for a little bit.

As you should, since there's nil evidence to the contrary and plenty pour moi. ;)

Archived