DAYS: Alum Actress From OLTL Joining

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I would never claim CR is some amazing actress, but she had a lot of natural charisma and whenever I came across DAYS in the very early 90's, I would always pay attention to her. She could play against type easily, but also had a nice vulnerability.

Kassie is much too hard and cold for me, but again, they'll probably just write the character around her and excuse it because the character hasn't been on the show in over 20 years.

• Members

Well, I can't really place blame solely on KDP shoulders on saying "The REAL Marty" stuff. That's what ABCD used as advertising, in their misguided way of trying to get viewers back to watching OLTL during that time.

They even did that when Rebecca Buddig decided to come back to "All My Children" and the show already had another actress currently in the role as Greenlee. They again came out with this is "The Real Greenlee" advertising and viewers were outraged that the other actress was so publicly thrown and rolled over by ABCD that Buddig was on "The View" and apologized about the advertising.

• Members

I have the same hopes and I'm willing to give KDP a chance in her future portrayal as Eve Donovan. The character has been off screen for over 20 years now. Since CR is being gracious about it, then it won't be that difficult for me to give this recast a chance.

As for the real life ages of KDP and CS, wasn't there another soap that had a mother and son characters, whose portrayers were also close in age? Two in fact:

General Hospital's Dante and his mother, along with The Bold and The Beautiful's Nick and his mother.

• Members

THIS! THIS! THIS!!!! And again, forget the age difference. KDP as CS' daughter is laughable. Imagine her calling him, dad, father or pa. MISCAST of epic proportions! I don't understand what story involving Eve could justify such a ridiculous miscast. Why couldn't she be another relative or a new character altogether? This is just too ridiculous to me.

• Members

Yes you can blame her, especially since she was playing a recast herself. It's distasteful! I'm well aware of ABC's disturbing campaign, but unless asked to do otherwise, show some respect and intelligence. Casting call to recast an Asian character and a white amazon bumpkin walks out with the job? How in the sam hell does that happen?! The absolute nerve of that woman!

• Members

It was KDP job to participate in the promotion of SH's return as Marty Saybrooke and as for her being cast as nuBlair, that again is on the shoulders of ABCD and OLTL.

They could have not cast her in the role all those years ago. They could have refused to see her try out for the role, because they knew that the character was Asian. They (ABCD and OLTL) made the decision to make the change.

It's not like KDP pulled a "Misery" move on them in order to get the role.

• Members

Promoting the return and saying something so distasteful AS A RECAST are two different things.

As for getting the job. I have no problem with KDP capitalizing on ABC's oppressive activities. Who wouldn't? My point is, you would think KDP would be more sensitive, especially being a recast herself. But then I have to remember who we are discussing here, and it all makes sense.

Archived