DAYS: Alum Actress From OLTL Joining

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Cynthia Preston would have been great. But I have a sneaking suspicion Faith Rosco will turn up sooner or later as part of the League of Villains on GH.

I'm happy for KDP and it is a wonderful part, but while she's a beautiful woman the age issue is my big concern. Still, it's a great role and DAYS has done worse SORAS. So I'll take a look when she arrives. They'll probably stick her with Daniel, the poor woman. Every woman on the show except Sami or Gabi seems to have to do Daniel duty.

• Members

I'm so happy for Kassie!! Days is the only soap I currently watch so I can't wait to see her. Blair's my favorite soap character but I hope they don't write Eve as Blair. Contrary to what people believe, KDP is a very versatile actress and I know she can pull it off. As long as she isn't with Daniel.

• Members

this thread is hilariouns.

Eve is a completely recastable role. KDP is completely miscast and the character will likely be suited to her. But it has been 20 years so i am sure she is different. The biggest WTF is this is that she and JL are playing sisters and are going to look very much like mother/daughter. Days really should have cast someone younger in the role but days has always played fast and loose with age.

I assumed KDP would be with Cosgrove and Alfonso, and i guess Eve might still be (Could she be the mother to his child) but I really wish she was a new character.

Perhaps Days is going to swing a bit older?

Peter Reckell and JKJ did look like father/son too, so not this isnt sexism or because shes a woman. The thing is they rarely had brother scenes together, Philip was more Bo's sons friend than his brother. They also had Victor to play off as their father.

• Members

I had thought Shane did have Eve and Theresa umpteen years apart, I also think even if it had been with the Charlotte Ross of 2014 she would still look like Lilley's mother. She was in her early 20s when Theresa was either an infant or unborn, IIRC (and KDP was still playing twentysomethings at that time). That said I still think KDP's a bit too old for the part. But I do think it's a part she'd do well in, so long as all her scenes aren't with Shaughnessy. And as long as she goes back to hiding the accent.

I get why they did it - if you can't get Charlotte Ross, you have to get another big daytime vet with a similar role and this is that.

• Members

see I don't get why people keep bringing this up as an issue. Theresa was born when Eve was an adult so she SHOULD look like she could be her mother. Its not like they were kids growing up together. Eve was grown when that girl was born so they shouldn't have casted someone closer to JL's age. Its no different than Julie and Hope

Archived