Y&R: TMZ reporting on Michael Muhney

• Members

Im saying MAB makes it sound like MM was pulling this when she was in charge.

If he was then she shoulda had the balls to let him go regardless of the fan war it would have caused

She talks protecting the cast, well if MM was doing this during MAB & she let him slide, she wasnt doing her job either

Sounds like some guilt of I wish I had fired him before it got to this point

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

MAB really needs to stop taking. Not surprised at all that she changed her tune. Now she is saying MM has always been a problem? Then why didn't she fire him under her regime? Why is she talking about the character? She makes no sense. Again. Stop talking.

• Members
Yes.

But I guess some people need to rip into former posters to make themselves feel better. Sad.

It's been great watching people tear down arguments that HM deserved this.

And yeah, the point in not running anything at first was to protect HK. that's gone out the window and I hope she's dealing ok.

13 week outs are traditional to soaps and typically only can be used by the show not the actor. Vets/stars with some power can get 26 week outs but that usually still only apples to the show. Some actors have outs, but it's rare. Actors have requested to be let go and it's been granted, or acted up to get fired. Contracts are almost always beneficial to the show and not the actor.

• Members

MAB, LOL! She got put in her place. However, given the TMZ that MM's firing was the culmination of MM's ongoing bullying and sexual harassment, it is hard to believe that it was not going on during MAB's tenure. She is the one who put him on the pedestal at Y&R in the first place.

• Members

Naw. She is just trying to look like less of an idiot [not possible] for trying to diss her replacement w/out having any facts. Mabby was being spiteful and vindictive, but since MM is a perv, she needs to back track. MM's bad behavior aside. How dare she criticize another regime's decision. What right does she have?

• Members

That is a standard for most "veteran" actors. But most contracts are negotiated and depending on how valuable you are to the show, you may be able to get special considerations included in your contract. For example Beverlee Mckinsey's contract wasn't a typical contract.

• Members

Not really. Y&R trended on Twitter because fans had a kneejerk reaction to the news and basically said, without knowing the reason why he was let go, "Y&R IS DESTROYED! JFP SUCKS! FIRE JFP! I DON'T RECOGNIZE THE SHOW ANYMORE!!!!!111!!!!"

And/or

The stans, of course.

Archived