Maria Arena Bell on MM's firing and YR's "Problematic Storytelling Decisions"

• Members

I remember people being upset because despite what Colin did to her "son" and "grandchildren" Jill still wanted to be with him. And if she gets back with him it will again be bad writing. Either that or Jill has always been this stupid. It's kind of like Adam and Sharon except I've always thought of Sharon as not that bright so I could totally see her going back to Adam. Jill...not so much.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And don't forget what happened to Diane Jenkins.

You know, I really really wouldn't mind if a story was greenlighted where some type of Stefano DiMera villain (I don't care who) revealed he staged all of these people's deaths for whatever reason and all of these characters were still alive. Seriously.

PS. oh and this witch from hell MAB needs a reality check ASAP.

• Members

I hated what MAB did to Diane Jenkins. MW should have been brought on to play someone else. At the same time TPTB shouldn't have forced her to write for her, or force her to bring back Cane when she killed him off. Sometimes you have to let the writers write.

With that being said, I was still glued to the screen during Diane's final episodes. Can't say the same for right now.

• Members

The thing is with Jill is I doubt she cares what Maria thinks of her. Maria would be lucky to shine Jill's shoes. There are moments I despise JFP but she has exec produced six shows with seven Emmys to boot. Maria only cares about herself period.

• Members

What Carl and Bold Restless said was right on the money.... We had to endure 5 painful years of MAB'S destruction and to be honest we weren 't even watching any storylines at all, everyday seemed like just plot after plot of made up, plot-driven, un-creative, boring, insulting, humiliating, B.S!......I will never forget that the reason she only hired Muhney was because he "volunteered" to do that "gay kiss".......and we didn't even see any guys kissing, (because CBS is probably homophobic anyway....) then we got an even more homophobic crack from Nick about "those 2 drag queens" kissing........great writing Maria....great writing........please never come back! unless by some miracle you really do learn how to get this show back on track (with it's black storylines "Up and Pumping")........

ugh do we even need a new Adam?.....

• Members

I'm not even sure I would include the word love. More like obsessive compulsive pathology, of some sort. Needless to say, I agree with the rest of the assessment.

There were just so many things wrong wrong wrong with MAB's writing of the show, most glaringly was the fact that it didn't resemble anything that her father-in-law had done. It was just ten sheets to the wind crazily written scenarios.

Archived