Maria Arena Bell on MM's firing and YR's "Problematic Storytelling Decisions"

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There were rumors that LLB was, again, allegedly, one of the people who pushed for MAB to be fired, that the last straw for her was that shittastic hit and run revisited story where Chris became a town pariah for wanting Phyllis to pay.

• Members

Well I didn't say I speak for everyone.

BUT the poster that I responded to did say "people only tuned in because...." indicating that there was still something going on whether people liked it or not. Now, the only thing going on is paint drying. JMO

• Members

It is a misconception that everyone feels exactly like you do. They do not. I have more reason this past year to turn in than I have had in 5 years. Why? I watch this show specifically for the Winters family and Jill Abbot. MAB and her Winters Wednesdays and her "I don't know how to write Black people", and the ridiculous stereotypical character she created for Debbie Morgan was an INSULT to me. I do not watch a TV to be insulted. On that front, JFP is heads and shoulders above MAB. JFP also took Jill from the pasture that MAB forced her into. So there is plenty of reason to turn in for me. I could not watch this show under MAB.

• Members

Really? Well the last full week of that storyline the show was up not only for the week but up half a million from the previous year. People wanted to see the outcome of the storyline whether you want to admit it or not.

.October 8-12

Y&R 4,649,000 (+231,000/+440,000)

Archived