DAYS: January 2014 Discussion Thread

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's only 2 episodes a day and they are getting paid. Plus every actor isn't taping every single day so they still get days off during the week. Also there are lots of breaks in between tapings on a given day, plus they are doing something they enjoy and have finally gotten recognition via critical acclaim as well as by the Daytime Emmy voters. I'm not sure how that even comes close to slave labor.

• Members

True, but I still think it can lead to burn-out as evidence by ED quitting.. and I think AS is leaving for partly the same reason.

If this is the method to maintain a 5 episode a week format, plus stay under budget, then perhaps it should be modified to maybe 3 or 4 episodes per week but at the same budget. Pipe dream, I know.

• Members

ED leaving didn't really have anything to do with the taping schedule. And AS has been on the show for 21 years, she has the Biggest Loser, a book coming out, she's got two kids she wants to be at home with.

• Members

Just getting around to typing my thoughts for the week

1) First, as has already been mentioned - Days does NOT film five episodes in a day! Days does have a crazy production schedule...but not quite that crazy yet! haha.

2) Starting off with line of the week... from Kate "Sometimes I like you. It's so disorienting." to Sami - I LOVE these two together!

3) I really think Guy Wilson is doing a good job now that we've had a couple weeks to adjust. I am still adjusting... but his acting is very spot on and personality-wise I think he is playing Will close to Chandler's version.. but honestly a little bit better. He seems more present. I'm not a fan of the hair - I think they need to work on that. But I'm a fan!

4) Loved the Eric/Nicole rescue. Great acting by both Ari and Greg.

5) I really like the build up interaction between Jordan/Sheryl and Lucas/Rafe... it's good build up but we need to find out more of Jordan's secrets SOON!

6) Can I say how refreshing it is not only to have more Lucas on our screens but to see Julie this much!! Loving it! Her interaction with Will, Hope, Gabi....it cements why Julie is the real matriarch of the Horton family and they need to use her more!

7) I also love that they respected the show's history and had Julie mention Shawn D, Marie, Jessica, etc... I really appreciate it when the writers mention other characters who are not on canvas.

8) Nick's entrance and the christening = beautiful Friday cliffhanger! Amazing! So well done Days! Keep it up!

• Members
I think that Ed and as were both really burnt out due to the filming sch but I think the real issue in that is the writing. I think as would have left no matter what, she just seems like it's time and it's. Even coming and I mean 16-38 at a job is epic and I'm sure she's just ready to have a break. But yeah I think the writing needs to be more balanced. Is get why kristen and Sami were used as much as they were/are but when filming 8 episodes a week there needs to be a balance.

It isn't that bad tho for everyone else. They basically work 8 hours a day when they work and they all do not work every single day. Plus 16 weeks off? Awesome. Of course there is the line memorizing and that's likely the hardest part for them in filming so many lies odes a week but I believe they also block tape.

• Members

Great episode! I love how excited Julie was to see Nick and the look of contempt on the faces of his "killers" and the men

Oh boy it starts again. My god Abigail is a psychopath

I love Kate and Sami as frenemies. I prefer them like this, than full on fighting. I like when they get along but are still super snarky with the other

Archived