DAYS: January 2014 Discussion Thread

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

WTF is with all these spoiler tags about interviews? Anyway ...

I'm a little behind so thoughts on Monday:

- Dead at Abigail basically blackmailing EJ for some dick.

- LOVED Hope putting Nick on notice. Poor Julie, she wants to believe in him so badly. I love seeing her so much.

- Sami/Kate/Gabi chowing down and talking about Nick back from the dead was hilarious

- Jordan/Rafe, Lucas/Sheryl are cute but there's only so many times I can go 'aww' before I need some damn substance.

- I just can't with Sonny so desperate to marry Will, IDK, I guess they're kinda biding their time until Freddie is the next to bolt (IMO) And besides, I'm not really here to see them go through an interloper at this point anyway so I guess it's the next logical move for them but man, zzzz

• Members

Thoughts on Tuesday ...

I am HERE for EJ/Abby. Those scenes were great, as were the Kate/Stefano scenes. I saw some definite chemistry.

JJ/Theresa is getting tired. I really love both of them, but blah, let's move this along. EW, then Roman just has to come along. I couldn't even understand him besides his usual what da hell .... ugh.

Loved Bev and Anne interacting. Bev's great, I'm glad she and Rory seem to be sticking around and JJ even defends them.

Ew, of course it turns into poor Daniel and how he can't help Eric. Yuck. At least he's much more tolerable with them than with that blonde shrew. I miss the old Jennifer. Not this Daniel pod. Ripping out her heart completely ruined the character. (not to mention the pairing with Daniel)

The Eric and Father Louis scenes were nice. Greg Vaughan is perfection as Eric. He just grabs you and pulls you in.

I am HERE for Nick blackmailing Gabi over what she did to him to get her to come back to him. Blake Berris is another fantastic actor.

What a great episode. And it's really nice to be able to say that again about Days.

• Members

Just watched yesterday's ep and I loved Gabi's dream with Nick pushing her into the river. I kind of wish that had all been real. laugh.png

And I don't think I was supposed to, but I was laughing when Rafe was hobbling through town square on his cane chasing after NIck. But I did feel bad when he fell at the end!

• Members

LMAO at those scenes. I can't wait to see them.

Thoughts on Wednesday ...

LMAO at Bev. "By the way ... what a bitch"

I'm glad they worked in some Father Louis/Hope scenes.

I'm also enjoying the start of Aiden/Hope. As much as I miss Peter Reckell and Bo, I've really liked seeing Hope on her own as a character, even with the limited screen time. Thankfully that seems to be improving. Daniel Cosgrove might have found a role that really suits him. I know the jerk tendencies will eventually be toned down but it's nice to see him in a daytime role of his own.

Boy, Nick is quickly making his rounds and I'm loving it. Love how he's blackmailing (and then threatening) Kate into giving him a job. Nice to also see Lauren Koslow be used more again. "Son of a bitch" lol

I am HERE for Abby rescuing JJ from Theresa. That girl is FINALLY her parents daughter. It's about time. And it's nice to see Kate Mansi do other things as Abby than prop Dannifer and whine about her virginity. I hope they make Abby/Theresa rivals. I like the snarky bickering and how Abigail basically put Theresa in her place. JJ and Abby also have great brother/sister chemistry and they work really well as believable siblings. I just hate judgemental Abigail. Girl, look in the mirror. I'm just glad they're finally writing Abigail well.

DEAD at Brady taking a drink in front of Maggie as he tosses down the book. LMAO. I do feel badly for Maggie, even though she's annoyed me for a while now (I miss loving seeing Maggie, not dreading her). These scenes were great.

I notice Guy's Will and Gabi don't have the sexual chemistry Chandler's Will had with her. But they still work really well as best friends and I really like how they've always been there for each other. And let's face it, most of the people in this town can't throw stones at anyone else, lol. I also like the confidence Guy's Will shows. Although Chandler's Will definitely worked, at times. Anyway ... I still say Guy's a huge improvement, at least in regards to how long Chandler was phoning it in.

Can they please write Sami a bit smarter than this, please? (although I hope it's just her wishful thinking and internal refusal to see what's the truth). Ugh, I also hated her awful awful disgusting apology to EJ last week (was it? or the week before?) too. This couple is so done. I have to admit though, the writers have done a great job with them overall (only very recently! Just want to clarify) and I never thought I'd say that. Ever ever ever.

EDIT: Actually, I think my problem with the Sami/EJ scenes lately is that it's all just for the plot point of when Nick pays Sami a visit and like when Sami apologized, it was simply for when the affair comes out. I mean, I get it, but I kinda hate I can see through the scenes and I really disliked how Sami was written.

OMG lmao at Jeannie Theresa and Anne cackling. I love them together.

I'm so glad the writers are seemingly able to actually WRITE a show again. Beats get played, there are actual storylines, characters have motives, there are actual stakes ... not to mention the daily script writers who churn out amazing work.

• Members

Wednesday's episode was better than Thursday's IMO which felt a bit like filler. Still, Friar Folin (Fat Colin) is worth a look, and Dr. Chaka Khan makes a very fleeting appearance!

ITA about Hope coming into her own as her own character. Don't get me wrong, I love Bo. But before, Hope was a squish name -- Bope. Everything began and ended with their relationship with each other. Nightime Hope, Princess Gina in Alamania, etc. Now I see her bitching out Aiden, putting Nick on notice and trying to keep a leash on Ciara. It is SO much more compelling to watch. Seriously, I consider episodes featuring Hope and Ciara to be 'good' days. And I'm feeling Aiden & Hope.

I still miss Chandler sometimes but GW had that scene with BB at 'the club' and that was the first time GW felt right in the role of Will, facing off against Nick. It was a very good scene. I hope they give him some Will-Marlena scenes very soon!

LOL the cackling was amazeballs. And I agree with you about the daily scripts and writing taking the time to play out the beats.

• Members
+1

Couldn't agree more with everything you said.

DEAD

Thoughts on Thursday ...

I wonder if they plopped Daniel into Nicole and Eric's because how well liked Nicole/Eric generally are and how loathed they HAVE to know Daniel is. So they figure put him with those that are liked and bam ... But UGH at SuperDaniel. He must be banging someone damn good at DAYS to get the screentime he does. Even when he's not on people still discuss him.

Yes, finally, Nicole/Theresa. I loved Nicole's expression like bitch I could eat you for breakfast. THAT's the Nicole I love.

JJ/Rory/Bev <3 One of the best sets of 'teens' this show has had in ages. So normal and still interesting and played by very good actors. I'd watch them do anything, really, and I'm glad JJ defends them and stands by them, as they have both been REALLY good friends to him. REALLY good. And can I add quickly because I have nothing else to say about her, but I hate seeing Jennifer's face anymore. And I really don't like saying that. Even though Melissa Reeves hands down actually shows up in scenes with JJ/Abby and the rest of the family, she's just awful with SC but Jennifer is really ... ugh.

And can we please move Theresa on from this Daniel obsession. Why does EVERY WOMAN fall for this Thing? LOL at how she tried to get Daniel to admit that he and Nicole are more than just roommates. Girl can turn the sweet on in a hot minute. She's so transparent though. LOL at him practically shoving her out the door.

I see T continuing to make the rounds meeting everyone. Nice. And LOL at Miles/Nicole, I sort of enjoy their back and forth and I'm all for the use of even more recurring characters, like Miles.

LOL, Eric has such a posse. Father Matt, Father Louis and now a Monk. I'm glad we're seeing him on his journey.

Julie again! Yay! I know she's probably going to disappear again until the next sweeps (May), Summer or Christmas (am I wrong? Probably not but I'd love to be), but I'm so pleased she continues to be relevant and used. But man, Nick worked her. I wish she could see through him, I feel like she should, but she has her family blinders on. I do like that we're seeing Julie and Nick talking about this, because I've wanted that, after Nick had that scene where he told Maggie.

Susan Seaforth Hayes looks FABULOUS. Why is this woman not the Grande Matriarch of Salem along with Doug? They're so perfect for it. And speaking of that, is Bill Hayes sick, why wasn't Doug brought back too, and at least used with Hope/Ciara? I'm sure he will be, hopefully, but it's kind of glaring Doug's not around.

And I also kind of feel like they needed Suzanne and Maggie for the Brady story so they brought in SSH for the Nick story. Not at ALL complaining but this proves there's room for them both.

I really like the Gabi/Rafe sibling dynamic. It sucked for so long they ignored them as siblings and they work so great together. I never thought I'd like these two but I do. Camila has grown SO much and Gabi's been highly entertaining as she loses her [&#33;@#&#036;%^&amp;*] over Nick. LOL at Rafe beelining it right for Nick. And falling. LOL. I shouldn't laugh. It was actually played for serious.

Nice to see Chyka again and that he finds out Nicole and Eric survived. Another beat played ON-SCREEN. Meanwhile ... Nicole: "have you seen that ridiculous show about the chefs" lmao

Did DAYS get a budget increase after their Emmy win? I feel like we are seeing such a great interaction and rotation of characters

Archived