GL & OLTL Alum Arrested!!!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's the other part of it. Ford was so repellant and too dumb to live. And he was played by one of the worst actors ever on OLTL. That was also about the time I stopped caring about Jess. I haven't liked her since 2009.

Robin Strasser really disliked her! She apparently went off on CH on her hotline a while back. I've heard mixed things about Crystal. I didn't like her on GL. I actually liked her more on OLTL (not her character Stacy though).

I didn't like Farah on DAYS or OLTL but did this really happen? It sounds more like a story that a soap fan made up. I've heard many bad things about FF as a person but she usually seemed appreciative of her fans.

• Members

Of course I wasn't there, but the fan posted about it, and she was a FF fan. She said FF tore the pages out one by one as she mocked the fans who made it. It was during the Rex/Mimi (Rex was his name, right) pairing. On the cover of the scrapbook said "we love you Rex and Mimi", something to that affect. Farrah called whomever wrote it stupid for not realizing she was different from the character, and it should have said "Farrah and whomever"... She was very specific.

I don't find it shocking at all because FF is one nasty piece of work.

• Members

I didn't personally hate the gay marriage stuff--though it was silly, but mostly entertaining. I just think if ABC or whoever actually was blaming dropping ratings on Kish and people not wanting gays on their soaps, it was more the fact that there were two big (granted, somewhat intertwined) stories on at the same time and Kish was probably not the one some objected to. If that many people really did. But I agree, dropping all of that, and the stories they jumped into to replace them (which granted, could and perhaps were in place already though we know they were gonna do a custody battle that had to be dropped) really was the point where RC/FV's OLTL really bottomed out and never fully recovered.

• Members

I think that Big Gay Wedding helped doom Kish as well. The wierd thing is, Kish really weren't all that involved in it. Aside from a few scenes and Kyle deciding not to mary Nick, Kyle and Fish's story was mostly sepreate from Dorian's. Only real connection was Nick who Kyle was dating at the time.

• Members

Absolutely, but (and I don't think you're disagreeing) I am sure if anyone DID have an issue with it, they would associate the show with being "too gay" having those stories on top of each other--and I also think some people who don't really have much of an issue with a gay storyline maybe did have an issue with gay marriage (which was even a bigger deal just a few years back.) So the timing was kinda a mess...

Did Dorian ever have to divorce female maybe a ghost Mel? :P

• Members

Right, though they could have maybe written around that with her gone. It just showed such bad faith in its audience--something, even if it was a network decision (and it most likely was) that showed bad faith in their fans, something Ron nor Frank ever addressed. Maybe it didn't make ratings soar--but OLTL got a lot of positive gay press (and a bit elsewhere) for the Kish stuff, especially the sex scene. And then to have no exit, and the producer just kinda give a vague shrug statement (and then all those rumours about unprofessional behaviour of the guys, etc.)

Archived