GH50: December 2013 Discussion

• Members

And that is the problem here. Too many were rejoicing Sabrina's humiliation and pain. That is a writing fail. Too many watching were celebrating. A few were Team Sabrina, many didn't care (this is where I fall), some didn't think Sabrina deserved this but were Team Scrubs. However, an overwhelming majority were in heaven that Sabrina got dropped and Scrubs were reunited. If there is drama here and I'm missing it, please point it out to me.

• Replies 953
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think there was drama. I think some of it was artificial because of the artificial nature of the Patrick/Sabrina romance. If you'd had him with Elizabeth or someone else it would be a very different storyline. But I think when you get it down to Scrubs, their family, their child, yes, that is drama. Has it been impeccably executed, definitely not, but there was some very satisfying stuff in there for me. An idiot could get some of that right.

The Jerry thing made me raise my eyebrows about something I heard about Julian a while ago. Looks like they might pay that off. I like the retro, crazy Jeromes - they're far more interesting than Sonny, at least on a camp level - but I don't like them doing their business in the damn lobby.

• Members

My extent of investment in Sabrina today was to clap with happiness and yell "cry, bitch, cry."

Can she chip a tooth or break a nose or something?

Desperate attempts to find something in which she will work. If you keep throwing, she just might stick on something. And I say that even thought I don't mind her.

• Members

I did feel sorry for what's her name but I couldn't sustain the empathy. Robin is just > Sabrina (!), and every time they cut back to Sabrina, I thought, "So, now what for this girl? A dragged out, 'I've been badly hurt, please be gentle with me' romance? Insta-psycho-bitch? Yawwwwwwn...'" (That really made me yawn just typing that.) The acting for Sabrina's devastation wasn't winning me over, it just couldn't hold up to the big return.

And Mac over there frozen in the corner muttering like Liza just walked into the gay bar. I get the tableau they were going for, but c'mon now, that is ROBIN, his baby, his ace boon coon. I expect a reaction nothing short of black funeral.

• Members

She made us work for it.

She's not nearly as bad as Courtney, but she's up there. And her face today and yesterday - before the wailing and sobbing began - looked like Sabrina was ready to kill everyone in the place. She went from Snow White to Queen Bitch in .02 seconds, it was hilarious.

Archived