GH50: December 2013 Discussion

• Replies 953
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks. Makes perfect sense. Admittedly, I've never been super astute when it comes to pinpointing the particular EP/HW regimes of various soaps, but from watching GH these past few days, the FV/RC esthetique seems pretty unmistakable to me now. I can only imagine what DOOL would be like in their hands.

• Members

Today was a really nice episode. The scene with Robin and Emma was very nice, and the reunion with Patrick was well done. I liked the bit with Mac and Felicia also, and then the full family reunion at the end with Anna. The Sabrina stuff I liked also. I don't really care about Sabrina one way or another, but I thought this was a classic soap conundrum and the actress was decent with the crying. Luke and Jerry obviously wasn't emotional, but I liked that stuff as well, and I love pretty much anything Ava. I FFed the Sonny/Shawn scenes but that was pretty minor. The Duke and Anna scenes were pretty good too. Solid show just about all around. JZ's face is unfortunate, but it was great to see Bobbie in a dramatic capacity.

• Members

I nominate this as Sabrina's new theme song

Nobody knows where my Patrick has gone,
But Robin left the same time.
Why was he holding her hand,
When he's supposed to be mine?

It's my party and I'll cry if I want to,
Cry if I want to, cry if I want to.
You would cry too if it happened to you.

Play all my records, keep dancing all night,
But leave me alone for a while,
'Til Patrick's dancing with me,
I've got no reason to smile.

Robin and Patrick just walked thru' the door,
Like a queen with her king.
Oh, what a birthday surprise,
Robin's wearing his ring.

1zdyu7n.gif

• Members

I wanted to add I quite enjoyed Finola yesterday. She did great, as she always does. And it was nice to see Ian Buchanan finally show up for work. He's finally come back alive. I dunno, he's just felt off for me until very recently, but I guess it could also be because Duke's had zilch to do since returning really, and he's finally been given something more than stand around.

And I agree about the staging of reveals on Cartini shows. Awful. I liked, in a way, that they 'built up' Mac's reunion with Robin, but everyone just standing there for the entire hour? Just STANDING there. I don't get it. I know they want a scene but wouldn't people like, you know, exit the church as Sabrina breaks down and Robin and Patrick make out in front of her?

Maybe they wanted to see Ugly Betty go down as much as the rest of us did, lol. And I say this as not that big of a Scrubs fan (sorry!), although I quite liked their reunion.

And it is nice to see Bobbie used in a decent capacity, even though I felt like she was just a plot point (does she vanish soon? I assume she does), but overall it's nice to see her used again, and lol at her being used more than 2002-2007. It's sad but true.

• Members
LOL.

I have no idea what Sabrina was going on about, how they 'overcame' ... um, overcame WHAT? I've never seen a couple more forced in my life and NOTHING was stoping that. (Well, besides Dannifer on DAYS. Even Shawn Christian wanted to admit it was forced)

And even as not the biggest Scrubs fan the fact that anyone even buys Patrick would be torn ... lol, no. It's always been 100% clear he'd shove Sabrina out of the way for Robin. He probably stays with her out of guilt. So how long are we in for with this "triangle"? Until Kim bolts and Jason likely follows to get the hell out of dodge? Or will Sabrina go nuts? I did see a glimpse of that yesterday and I could see it.

• Members

Savrina has no dignity at all. She is getting married infront of Patrick and Robin's family and friends, everybody knows that Drake is marrying her because he was to give Emma a family and when the dead wife shows up she collapses and starts crying infront of Patrick and Robin's friends and relatives.

Patrick and Savrina have to overcome what exactly? From what I remember Patrick was fooling around with Britt while a weirdo was obsessing over him and used his kid to grow close to him. Then someone washed Savrina's hair and her life became a fairytale. I was so happy to see her and Felix like this during all this :) This wedding was a joke.

The Jerry scenes were too cartoonish for me to care. There is a helicopter over the MC, people are falling from the roof and the Jeromes are the only ones to go and see what is going on? And why??

• Members

You are right about Sobby, which is why we have no reason to care about her. She picked up where Terror Lo Fitz left off! A stalker who nailed her prey! There was no depth to the character or the pairing, so yeah, the wedding was a colossal joke! However, outside of Patty, she might be worth something unless Craptini decide to go the Ethan Crane/Liam Spencer route - I shudder!

And not one person has called the police in regards to Jerry? The rooftop stuff was cringe worthy, but I did enjoy one thing - the 3 of them chilling on the roof once Luke was pulled to safety. That scene was really nice and I would not mind more with Bobbie being the mediator between Luke and Carly.

• Members

Which is exactly what should have happened. Sabrina should have run away when Patrick completely forgot her and ran to Robin (showing some class and dignity) and, after quickly hugging/crying with everyone and promising to explain soon, Robin should have asked them to leave so that she can talk to Patrick. Or at the very least, have them be busy with all the friends/relatives and postponing her talk with Patrick until the end of the episode. Not have them all standing there, conveniently placed within shots, not even running to hug the person they never thought they'd see again.

Archived