GH50: December 2013 Discussion

• Administrator

Maybe because I'm a Jim Reilly fan, but I didn't mind the stalling. I wanted to see the wedding ceremony and knew everyone had to see Robin at the end of the episode. That Emma/Robin reunion was near perfection. The only thing I didn't like was Robin walking away before Emma saw her.

• Replies 953
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

When I read the complaints about how long it has taken Robin to be reunited with her family I think about Reilly. I thought he stretched things out way longer than this! He did a better job of playing out beats but I think this particular story was stalled just long enough.

Also, while I do not think Carlivati has paced his show well, I also remember as a kid knowing I was getting 3 days a week of the most popular storylines and characters, and 2 days of B plots. GH was especially bad about this, even into the Riche era of the show.

• Administrator

Robin just came back in, what, mid or late September? So 2+ months isn't long for me. Again being a Reilly fan and knowing how he liked to do reunions at Christmas, I wouldn't have minded if this storyline was stretched out until then.

• Members

A large percentage of the members on this board have watched soaps for a long time (33 years for me), so "make em wait" is not a new concept. Sucking the seeds out of a rotten apple for an extra day of good ratings is not equivalent to riveting, edge of your seat drama.

And no need to duck. You are free to have a different opinion.

• Members

Waiting is not the issue. As AlexElizabeth mentioned, having her just stand there right in the middle of the doorway was stupid. We should have seen her struggle to get to the church in time and thrown obstacles in her way to prevent her from appearing till the end if the episode. You have the same effect with Emma running towards her mommy and Robin not interrupting the vows, but you get the benefit of not writing the character to be so stupid and the scenario not be so ridiculous. I don't care what spin one wants to put on it but it was unbelievable how NO ONE at the front if the church saw her thee especially since they looked directly in her direction at several points throughout the hour

• Members

Who would want Lucy to perform their wedding ceremony?

This was a very boring episode. You can't have a soap opera without some deep emotional moments. Cartoon stories don't make up for drama.

This wedding should have been classic soap.

While all this with Faison is happening downstairs Nik and Britt are in the bedroom talking about feelings?

Jerry is walking throught the MC holding Bobbie at gun point and Carly is alone daydreaming in an empty hotel?

The look Felix gave Felix II during the wedding... #puke

So Robin run to the church to watch the wedding?

BTW I bet it was Carlos who killed Connie. I was thinking about this during this very stupid episode.

PS: I cried a little with Robin and Emma. Emma was the best actress during the entire wedding.

Archived