HBO's Looking

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Hmmmm...I would say spoiler-ish in terms of some plot directions, but not too much given an article I read pre-workout.

EW was doing a whole how a city makes a show angle with the new HBO shows (Looking=San Fran, Girls=NY, Togetherness=LA) that I found interesting in terms of setting being a character itself and yet the shows have to be for everyone kinda thing.

• Members

LOL

I get this gag reflex thing when I think of him. Most of what they did with him in that first season left a very, VERY bad taste in my mouth and it sorta sickens me he's Patrick's best friend. He's vile. Nasty.

BUT, this being said (I'm glad I got it off my chest), if they can change & repair him, I'm all for it. Although I don't see how that could be done without a major character rewrite.

Edited by YRBB

• Members

But that's just it...Patrick really isn't that much better or likeable. He tries to come across as this innocent nice guy but he basically cheated on Richie with Kevin with very little resistance. He constantly was judging Richie from the beginning and yet pretending to the guy and everyone else that he didn't care that Richie cut hair. Either you're fine with it or you're not. Patrick also said a lot of not so subtle digs at other random/minor characters (including the fiance of his ex boyfriend in the first episode).

In short I think Patrick desperately needs Augustin because without Aug, his nasty behavior and personality would be much more noticeable. They're very much similar...it's just that Augustin doesn't bother to hide his douchebag self....

Edited by ThePrinceOfSunspear

• Members

I saw this in one of my groups last night. N

Now that I read....well...I'm guilty of most of that now. :)

But I am a one person guy. Sorry. Just don't like to share...nor do I feel the need to. But...to each their own as long as it harms none...which I find some people do not know how to do. *side-eye*