HBO's Looking

• Members

That was a wonderful first episode. Fun, tight, exciting, and so happy we got to see both Doris and Kevin. The show is also immaculately shot. My God, it just looks beautiful. Those long shots of the Russian River & the woods? And that steadicam shot of everybody dancing, ending with the guy in the cap spotting Patrick (whom I totally thought was going to be Richie)? Phenomenal.

It is SO sweet that Dom calls Patrick, Patty. I love it. Squeee! I wonder how his relationship with Lynn will evolve/work/devolve.

Agustín looks ten times hotter than ever before. The 'bear' he met was so sweet; really adorable. Was not expecting him to be HIV positive. I wonder if he will help redeem Agustín because Agustín was already ten times more likeable when interacting with him.

I am SO glad Patrick called Kevin because, let's face it, I needed another sex scene with them. laugh.png

Too short, over too quickly. Do I really have to wait another week? *cries*

Edited by YRBB

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It's Agustín tongue.pngtongue.pngtongue.png

And you didn't miss it. He didn't tell him during their scenes in the river. It was only revealed at the last scene (unless all the molly affected me, too, and I don't remember LOL).

Edited by YRBB

• Members

I totally expected him to be Richie, even though the coincidence was just too much for me. That way, the moment they revealed it wasn't was great. I like that it was meant to show how much Richie is still on Patrick's mind.

Doris is absolutely hilarious. There's good reason they are upping her role in the show. I can't wait to see more of her. "Hanging with you guys is not good for my vagina!" :lol:

ALSO, the fairy that popped up in front of them in the woods on the way to the party? DEAD!

• Members

Totally worth the wait. lol.

It appears to be the same old LOOKING, but there's direction which is nice.

Yep...Pat's a ho.

Auggie...was likeable, but yet still him.

And Dom...poor him. So see he is liking Lynn more and more.

The party rocked.

And the promo for next week...LOVE.

• Members

Great second episode. I really love Kevin & Patrick together (and their talk about the card game and Take That!) and I thought the ending, with Kevin's dance, was completely adorable. Patrick is definitely falling in love with him and it is scaring the sh!t out of him. It's always enjoyable seeing Patrick in panic mode, and Groff is so f-cking sweet and charming. His reaction to asking Richie if he's seeing anyone was adorable.

On the other hand, Richie and Patrick have SIZZLING chemistry. Just a ton of that apart-but-always-loving-each-other wonderfulness that I want to see a lot more of.

Lynn and Dom's scene was great. I could totally feel the awkwardness of discussing a hook up with your open partner and they played it perfectly.

YAY, Doris is getting some! Woot woot!

Agustin keeps sinking lower and lower. I felt bad for him, I have to say, especially the part where he ran into the acquaintance that has been seeing a lot of Frank. And then I made the mistake of watching the preview and it PISSED ME OFF. They were just getting to redeem Agustin. PLEASE don't let this go the way I think it is, because Agustin is dead for me after that point (unless, by some miracle, they really pull it off).

The show is in a really good place and it can only get better. I pray the ratings improve.

• Members

The second episode was excellent. You nailed pretty much all my thoughts. I was OMG though at the previews and Augustin...that would be hilarious IMO. More on Patrick later but he annoyed me in the episode if I'm honest. He wants to have both of them and I thought it was very selfish/wrong of him to tell Richie he wasn't seeing anyone.

• Members

He probably should have told the truth but I wasn't surprised the least bit that he didn't. As far as he knew at that point, Kevin was still keeping their relationship hidden and could potentially just end it all the next day. And here is Richie, the man he still has feelings for, and there's a chance he could say yes. I can at least understand why he did it.

It's only later that Kevin made progress.

• Members

I missed the first episodes of both Looking and Girls (where Marnie got rimmed standing at the kitchen sink, Jesus be a DVR), which I find ironic seeing as how I watched the second episodes at least three times each on Sunday night with HBO playing them over and over again. They should devote at least one of those slots to the previous week's episodes.

I also liked that other new series, the name escapes me at the moment.