HBO's Looking

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Unfortunately, the ratings don't look too good. 0.1 rating (same as last week) and 195,000 viewers (a slight increase). These don't seem like numbers that would warrant renewal. .Not being after GIRLS but rather after a new show has really hurt LOOKING. We might be looking at the last season :(

• Members

Lol I'm gonna keep an open eyes. You know how it is with soaps. Characters you normally despise all of sudden become tolerable or even likeable once they're paired with someone different or unique. I think this could definitely be one of those situations.

Regarding your post about the ratings it is what it is. I'm in it for the long haul and to the end. I hope the end doesn't happen for quite some time. But I put it down to the the fact that the new show before it isn't that great.

• Members

Halfway through Episode 2...so will need to see about a new laptop if it keeps being lik this...lol...and I LOL so hard at that bum...if only because we have one of those by my workplace as well...which is in the gay part of town.

I know Pat/Kevin are wrong, but they were adorable on that bus. And as usual life is getting me down in the dating department so I can't help but le sigh over what I saw. But I also like the subtle little cracks I see in their relationship...because the guilt is all over them.

More later...I hope...

• Members

It's funny you should say that. lol. I had a similar (of course) situation with two separate people this very weekend. Short verison...one I am sure is now currently doing just what Pat/Kevin are doing but who am I to judge since I was the original Patrick I suspect...but I said no. lol.

And the other one...is single, but I had his back over a breakup this past week for a week and after a longer period of 'what is going on,' I faced him down last night...and it didn't end well. So since we work together...well...awkward today. So much so I finally had to call it out...something I don't like to do at work. But we have known each other by now that I know when someone is being not-like-themselves. So we are navigating just being friends, but then he has moments where before we talked last night, we kinda comforted each other. And he kinda hinted at that tonight...but I had to back off because I didn't want mixed signals to happen when they know I am interested.

Okay, rant over. lol. But yes, I see what you mean

ETA: Nearing the end of Episode 2x2 and le sigh...Richie. That is all. lol.

Edited by Taoboi

• Members

YAY!!! CAUGHT FINALLY SO...

EPISODE 3

DOM: I'm enjoying the conflict. I can't lie. I am. It is just so realistic to me. My first serious relationship was with a Russian and one of our recurring problems was the fact that I did not (at the time) have as concrete of a direction for my dreams, but I had a dream. And he would always try to get me to think in terms of stepping stones to something better. Sometimes it would be vice versa. While help is nice, the point of getting the dream is that hopefully you did it versus you got help to do it. And that is what I see playing out with Dom and Lynn. Yes, I know Lynn means well versus my Russian, but Dom doesn't know that. lol. And now Dom is probably going to doubt his ability to get his dream...which will cause conflict in the relationship.

AUGGIE: Still not a fave, but nice to see him working on being a better person. I am also suspecting that if Richie finds out about Pat/Kevin it is going to be from Auggie's big mouth.

PATRICK: Patrick, Patrick, Patrick. SMH. Funnily enough, Him and Kevin after this episode (without the drama) reminded me of my OTHER serious relationship. Lol. The talking. The quick kisses. The cuddling on the couch when they could have gone straight to sex. It is given all of this structure so it's not JUST SEX...which it really has been up until last week. I had read a review earlier that suggested the writers are doing for Pat/Kevin what they did for Richie/Pat last season...making them rootable even though you shouldn't be rooting for them. And the fact that Kevin let Patrick top him...yes, Kevin is falling for Pat. And that phone call at the end...yep, this is going to be messy...

From what I can tell...this season has been balancing the drama and the comedic moments pretty well so far making this season the dramedy that everyone seem to be expected last season.

And love Doris with her black chocolate. Just love seeing her and Dom period.

• Members

I cant wait 2 weeks for the next episodes...that's just torture.

I love how as they were cuddling the boyfriend called Kevin and they BOTH knew it. Things like that just interest me and make the show so much more realistic.

Have you seen the previews for the next episode? Something tells me that Richie will discover it on his own...he's a very observant person and unlike Patrick not self-absorbed.

The only thing I can see from Dom's POV is that if Lynn keeps going around town telling people that Dom doesn't want to own his own restaurant or just wants to be a manager it will make it very hard for people to take Dom seriously or consider his proposals. So from that aspect I can understand why he'd be frustrated.