HBO's Looking

• Members

The season finale, more than any previous episode, really made me scoff at this series being referred to as a "comedy".

I find Augustin repulsive on a couple of levels. I could see Frank not appearing in many episodes next season.

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Great episode, although I hesitate to call it a season finale, since the end is too soon/too abrupt (if that makes any sense). The show evolved into something really great. I hate that it was only 8 episodes. Most shows will need 2-4 episodes to really get going and, then, you don't have enough time to really solidify and pull the audience in for good. Just when you are excited for the next four/five episodes to round things up and give a good ending/cliffhanger, oops! the show is gone for another year. I think they could have benefited from a longer episode run.

Doris' "Dom is worth it" brought me to tears. She's truly fantastic. I died when she said, "more gay men, that's just what I need" or something to that effect. And Richie & Patrick's official break up scene was very sad.

As for Kevin/Patrick... I thought it was hot. HAWT. I find Tovey very attractive and it's only logical that Patrick's first time as a bottom would be awkward/weird. I do like Richie as a person much more than Kevin, but Kevin and Patrick as a couple are the stuff that makes great drama. Kevin's alpha male, relentless, powerful nature against Patrick's desire to feel validated and wanted/needed. Not to mention the fact that Kevin won't be leaving his boyfriend. It's just fodder for a lot of story. Of course, Richie and Patrick have their own difficulties as well, which is why I'm invested in both these relationships going on into season 2.

Agustin is a nasty little bitch but the actor is really fantastic. And, come on, you gotta feel a little sad for him after Frank tells him he will never be anything but mediocre. Ouch.

Lovely little ending with Patrick and the Golden Girls episode/theme song.

• Members

Dom's storyline was kinda weird to me in its execution. I honestly wasn't expecting it to be a great success so the show completely surprised me by going in that direction. At the very least I thought Aug was going to be loaded and be a complete disaster there and ruin it for Dom by making a scene right in front of those investors. Or that Dom would get angry with someone (Doris or staff) and just ruin it himself.

Then the whole thing with Lyn just seemed rushed IMO...maybe its the whole 8 episodes thing but there just hasn't been enough time for any of these folks to feel that deep about one another. Esp Dom and Lyn after he rejected him a couple of episodes ago. I understand Doris' speech was probably a kickstarter for that but I still don't know if it was believable.

Agreed about Patrick and Kevin and your breakdown is pure perfection. Compared to Patrick, Kevin is a total alpha male and I can see why Patrick would succumb to his advances and not put up a fight in terms of position or anything really. He didn't even really think about the boyfriend John...

• Members

I don't know. I seem to recall the first SATC season finale was kinda of abrupt and open. Just like Richie and Patrick breaking up, there was Big and Carrie breaking up. Will Lynn/Dom work is comparative to Will Samantha stay with a man with a small...tool? And currently how stand alone those first season episodes were...well...

I admit that I am curious to see where both of those relationships go. I see too many levels going on with it and find it fascinating.

• 5 months later...
  • Members

Interesting. I always wonder how restrictive contracts are in these situations.

On a gossipy note, this show came up in conversation in the dressing room of the play I'm currently doing. My friend/cast mate says he refuses to watch the show because he dated FA's sister and says he was a total douche.