HBO's Looking

• Members

It started out hot and then ended very weird....which was expected. Basically Patrick whored himself out to Kevin...crass I know but I see no other way of putting it. Whats even worse is that I get the impression deep down that he knew Kevin wasn't going to let go of his boyfriend and that this was probably going to end up being a hush hush type of thing and yet he still did it....

Whatever his justifications it still reeks to me...esp since not a few hours earlier he was practically begging Richie to take him back.

At least he spared the poor Latino boy from anymore heartache and admitted that he wasn't in love with him. That scene was so moving tho....I really connected with Richie about the pride part....I know all too well how much pride can get inbetween two people....

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Not only did the scene show how sleazy and manipulative Kevin is and how desperate Patrick is for validation, but I just find Russell Tovey repulsive. Blech. I wonder where they'll go with the Kevin character now that Tovey is a series regular. The show clearly wants us to prefer Richie, so I'm wondering if Kevin will go full villain (well, as much as a show this naturalistic will allow).

• Members

True it almost felt like he was forcing himself on Patrick and the minute Patrick answered the phone I already knew that he was going to be "called back" into the office and I pretty much assumed it was going to be under false pretexts. The fact that they had sex right there on the floor in the work environment was a little disturbing to me as well..it

That scene should have been sweet and touching in some ways but it just made both characters look kinda weak and very pathetic (especially on Patrick's part). The actual act itself (which was hot) aside I can understand why some people would plain hate both of them and not care one way or the other.

My main issue with the show is the pacing and the claims that the characters make which just don't jive with the overall timing of the episodes. Richie says they "rushed" into it but really in the span of 8 episodes the two of them didn't do much to qualify as "rushing it" in my opinion. And given how slow the show can be at times I just wasn't sure if i bought that claim...

• Members

I had been spoiled on the Patrick/Kevin sex scene, so I was surprised that HBO didn't include a warning for sexual content or nudity for this episode.

I have problems with the dialogue on this show. The scene in which Patrick and Agustin talk about Richie and Patrick says he "could spend all day licking Richie's armpit" didn't ring true and seemed like a failed attempt at SATC-esque dish. It seemed silly, especially given Patrick's complicated feelings for Richie.

• Members

After a long day at work, I had debated how it would go down with a friend and I said that more than likely since Richie and Patrick 'were on break,' he would wind up sleeping with Kevin. Then Richie would show up and want him back or they would get back together.

Nice to see Writer Me was right. :D :D

I cheered for Dom and Lynn.

Sorry, A. Frank is right about you. And look at you being all self-pity 'woe is me' when it is your own fault in the first place.

Totally want the song that started off the sex scene between Pat and Kev...which was indeed hot...and turned out like expected. And the look on Pat's face when he realized that Kev ain't leaving his man = priceless.

• Members

The actual sex was too skeevy and uncomfortable to be hot for me. Patrick looked like he was suffering through it.

I can't help but feel a bit of schadenfreude for the Kevin/Patrick shippers. A lot of them were saying that Kevin was better for Patrick for the most superficial of reasons (they share the same race/class/social status), even though we knew very little about Kevin as a character. (Meanwhile, we knew a great deal about Richie.) Now we have confirmation that Kevin is a total sleazeball, and it's great.

• Members

And yet so true.

Here we had Patrick talking about how he would really give up the booty for Richie due to so much internal reason.

But he had very little (thus the looks of being uncomfortable...since he doesn't do that...position...often is understandable) convincing to give it up for Kevin. And then he gets discarded unlike how Richie would not discard him like that if he had only been willing but he couldn't get passed himself.

I see so much of that in real life that I got that. Or that is what I saw and what that part of the scene meant to me.

I agree with what you said though about how people want the like with the like. But that too I see all the time so it is about to get interesting online between the shippers.

• Members

I liked Tovey on Being Human a lot and wanted to see him play gay, but I don't find him physically appealing, which I know seems like an odd contradiction. And I have an often visceral repulsion to what the Patrick/Kevin relationship represents.