HBO's Looking

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Dom has been very annoying the last few episodes. Esp with this Lyn (probably misspelled his name). For someone who is getting such a lucky break in terms of funding and connections he's doing his best to push his business partner away....and all because he didn't fall for his magic you know what.

What did you guys think about the boss and his boyfriend at the wedding? Was I just seeing things?

• Members

Wait, so Scott Evans played the guy the sister tried to hook him up with? I need to wear my damn glasses.

Julia Duffy is wonderfully cast here. What a pleasant surprise seeing her pop up. I still haven't seen last week's episode with my friend. Aug is such a smarm.

• Members

Did she try to hook them up? All I remember is he pointed out that growing up the guy was nice to him outside of school and a jerk in school and they showed him for all of ten seconds (but I was pretty certain it was Evans before the credits.)

Your friend was in last week's episode? Why are you watching out of order :P

As for Dom, I think his behaviour kinda makes sense. He's used to always doing everything on his own and not accepting the help from friends.

• Members

I don't think she tried to hook them up. However I knew it was him before the credit as well. Foreshadowing maybe?

Kevin and John appeared just fine to me at the wedding which made Kevin making a move on Patrick that much shocking for me. I see all the reviews I read was saying Patrick was looking at him all night, but I must have missed it all.

Agree with Eric about Dom. Not that he would be the first gay man to get bent out of shape that someone isn't falling all over his...part.

ETA: SFK, hot friend. ;)

Edited by Taoboi

• Members

Patrick was looking at Kevin (and John) throughout the reception and that's one of the many reasons why he pushed him away when the kiss happened in the bathroom.

Too many mixed signals, no matter how much Patrick does want Kevin to desire him. I guess some folks wanted to see Patrick and Kevin do it right inside the stalls. That would really add to Patrick's neurosis.

I wonder if Scott Evans is the guy that Patrick had his first sexual experience while on that school field trip?

• Members

Thanks for the link, EM

I saw you post it on this week's AVClub of Looking.

I love the conversations that have developed about that show on that site.

Scott Evans, who didn't have any lines in the episode, was in a scene next to Patrick's sister and that was when he used the c-word to describe him and Kevin said that only the British are able to use that word properly.

If, I'm remembering directly.

Edited by difficultdiva

• Members

LOL yeah I now understand...I was wondering if the guy Patrick pointed out to his boss Kevin (the neighbor across the street who seemed chill at home but ignored him at school and Patrick was pressed about that).

Scott Evans....not related to Chris Evans (Captain American)? Either way though he was pretty hot. I found myself wondering if he was also gonna play a bigger role next season.

I still think Kevin and John looked a little strained at the party. I rewatched the episode last night and just that part where the sister suggests that John propose to Kevin seemed very awkward.