June 17-21, 2013: Bad Week For Soaps

Toups

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Agreed that those numbers are worrisome for GH. It's a good thing for GH that ABC is struggling with "Katie" and she might be gone after this year. If she were successful I could see ABC trying to get another hot name for another talk show.. I really believe CBS/NBC seem to be behind their (few remaining) soaps.. and I really believe that ABC is as well as long as numbers stay up... but those GH numbers have had a huge drop since their 50th

• Members

This is the second time that overload of the OLTL rejects has led to a ratings drop. I don't understand who decided that viewers wanted to see Kristen Alderson 24/7 when many GH viewers vocally disliked Starr. And Easton and Howarth have never been ratings draws.

Add in the generally unlikeable, poorly written new characters like Sabrina and her token, and the whiny, boring teen scene, and the stories that are badly made up as they go along, and there just isn't much to enjoy.

The ratings will probably go up again next week, but these are crappy for a show that is endlessly, endlessly hyped as the best soap ever.

• Members

Does anyone know how many people are in Nielsen's sample these days? I sometimes get the feeling that 3 people in Nielsen's sample miss a Friday episode and that causes a plunge of hundreds of thousands of viewers for the day/week.

Lately the shows have all gone up or down significantly together. To me, that is a sampling issue which Nielsen needs to fix. I don't believe that ALL soaps were awful last week, compared to the week before when they were all up from the week before.

• Members
no offense but I'm sick of them being called "Lifers" they're GH actors & have been for almost a year and a half, Roger is the only one who can remotely be called a OLTL'er, KA & ME haven't been on OLTL since Jan 2012

rant over sorry this wasn't directed at you

anywho, OUCH at GH' ratings/demos

Archived