June 17-21, 2013: Bad Week For Soaps

Toups

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They're always going to be called Lifers because they were added to the show with the intention of keeping OLTL alive in some way and then removed and forced back in because of their connection to OLTL. It's fruit of the poisonous tree. No matter what happens some part of the audience will always define them by their toxic origins.

• Members

Yeah, I suppose "some part of the audience", the bitter ones who apparently don't have anything better to do, will never let it go. That's their loss. I'm still enjoying GH. I've watched over 30 years of ups and downs. Believe me, it's been far worse in the past than it is right now.

• Members

To me being on GH for a year and a half doesn't make you a GHer. That's not a disrespect, but the way it is for some. If Susan Lucci is on any program other than AMC for example I see her as an AMCer first. That's jus how it goes.

• Members

I think the #s speak for themselves. Overall, the audience aint buying what Craptini is selling! They have proven time and time again that they care nothing about GH, and if they can't have their baby, OLTL, they will do the next best thing, create The Other One Life To Live. No matter how much push back they get from the audience, Craptini are going to do what they want, and that is all this has really been - one big exercise of "we can do what we want and you can't stop us" followed by licking their tongues out, of course. You may not have liked who or what was featured in the past, but GH was never written this poorly, and the structure of the show is abysmal! It's just plain lousy, and putting 100 characters on in one eppy does not mean it's balanced!

Praise Jesus!

For me, it is not even about who they played the longest or was most popular. That is not the problem here. The problem is that GH is suffering because Craptini cannot let go of OLTL and the pets from that show. Three eppies this week featured what used to be The Q Mansion, and not one Q was in sight. Putting visible pictures of Edward, Lila, Alan, etc on the mantle does not change that Craptini's vision is and will always be OLTL. GH didn't need the 3 initially, but we dealt with it. But to shoe horn them back in with these ridiculous stories and highly feature them? That's just crazy. GH is in it's twilight years [Katie being in trouble may have bought the show a bit more time], and this is what the audience gets? I'm so calling foul!

• Members

I think the problem is the show assumes these three are beloved, regardless of the writing. This is why we got the story about Coleandhope right off the bat, when GH people who had little experience with OLTL had no idea who this woman was and why they were supposed to care.

• Members

I still don't think they have anything to do with it. The ratings were down across the board. You just can't go by one week and then blame it on certain characters. I could see if GH dipped all by itself, but it's simply not the case.

• Members

Lmao. The funny part to me is the "bitterest" ones seem to be those who cannot stand that so many people are of the opinion that iGH is really horrid right now. It's just an opinion. Why so defensive and OTT with the resentment about people not liking it? We are having a good time. PnL can be fun.

Archived