DAYS: Drake Hogestyn news

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Also when she first came back in 2011 under Mcpherson.. she was awesome! She wasn't just in scenes with John.. she was interacting with Sami/Carrie/EJ/Stefano/Kate.. etc. I know she was excited about Eileen Davidson coming back.. and you can totally see that in their interactions.

With John gone, now the show can focus on the two couple (Marlena/Kristen) without the weak link (John) being there. Even if he comes back next week to film.. we will have almost three months of peace!

• Members

Drake's acting has been atrocious. I would not be sorry to see him go for the all reasons other posters have listed above. I am not a huge Deidre Hall fan but I would be more intrigued to see what they would do with her on her own.

• Members

I admire Drake Hogestyn always being a teamplayer and a huge cheerleader for DAYS year after year, decade after decade. But Marlena is best without John and it's been that way, IMO, for almost a decade now. Let Marlena be the go-to advice giver to all of Salem, much like Alice was.

And don't even think of reuniting Marlena with that wax figure they sometimes prop on the set as Roman.

• Members

Wow! You are being really generous!

Next to Ronn Moss, Dreck is the worst performer on Daytime ever! The only person I can think of that might be in this league was the original Frank Ryan (I believe I read somewhere he's Christian Slater's father). That guy had no shame in reading cue cards. He was disgustingly awful!

• Members

Id say Ronn is better than Drake . He has chemistry with is leading ladies and costars and his bad acting kind of is a part of the character. With all the talks of a recast and picking great actors, I really don't want to see someone with talent in the role. Drake? Not seeing much chemistry with anyone and I don't think the character really adds anything of value. He's simply not needed

• Members

Good riddance I say. I feel nothing for him either - he must of made a mint from 1986 to now and if he didn't invest wisely, well boo hoo - he made if off so little talent.

I'm all for Marlena meeting a new person. I quite like the character when she is away from John and Deidre actually attempts to act in non-Drake scenes.

• Members

Ronn Moss can act circles around Drake - what does that say. It's funny how soap fans complain about newbies and hair models. DH has had decades to learn his craft and he still can't do it. I mean, c'mon. I always though he diminished Marlena, who was a vibrant and intelligent character. If B&B can survive (and thrive) without RM, DAYS can do the same without DH. It's clear the women in those pairing were the ones carrying the heavy load.

Archived