May 20-24, 2013: Great Week For All Soaps

Toups

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That CBS press release proves exactly what I have been saying all along. Since last year, there has been absolutely no growth in Y&R and B&B's key 18 to 49 women demo which is all that matters to CBS and its advertisers.

• Members

Days is currently the best soap on TV. As for YR, it is horrible--nothing happens much like GH used to be.

Bell was poor but this is equally bad. Maybe Bell needed a Raunch-like figure to help out. LML was the only EP to increase ratings. A lot of posters hate her but she ran a tight ship and had a plan. She was gutting the show and the work had to be done.

Now we see the Jason Morgan hour of power.

• Members

Yay for DAYS! Ratings strength should continue with the amazing week that just ended too. Continued year on year growth is the most important thing and is still there. I believe this should stave off the writing change rumors. Don't fix what ain't broke -- Broderick is probably co-head already in all but name.

We can probably also infer from that press release that GH still finished ahead of DAYS in total viewers, as the press release would have mentioned if it was otherwise. I think it is also likely that GH got a 1.0 in Women 18-49 and that's who DAYS tied with in that demo.

Archived