OLTL: Thursday, May 09, 2013 Discussion Thread

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I love your posts on her blog (I assume you're the same Dale.) I actually have grown to really like her--we argue on facebook sometimes. She and I see many things VERY differently but she's not so hard headed that she won't consider different opinions, unlike many soap bloggers.

I think the radio thing works too, and could lead to some great scenes--I jsut found the setup kinda random. But, meh, they have to start some stories pretty suddenly, so...

• Members

Overall I'm really liking the show. My complaints are grounded in agenda.

I don't know if Jen P is the best EP ever, primarily because I can barely name an EP prior to Frank. You guys amaze me with your wealth of knowledge. But she seems enthusiastic and capable and so far the show is fresh, sharp, modernized and while decidedly different from old OLTL and the four remaining network soaps, it still retains enough of its origin to keep the sense and feel of the familiar.

• Members

Quality-wise, I'd break down that list into the following:

Great EP's: Linda Gottlieb*, Susan Bedsow Horgan, Doris Quinlan, Paul Rauch and Joseph Stuart

Good EP's: Jean Arley, Maxine Levinson and Gary Tomlin

Bad EP's: Jill Farren Phelps and Frank Valentini

The jury's still out on Pepper.

*I'm being as objective about this as I can.

• Members

No stoning- that is so INTERESTING! What else did you like other than the Bo/Nora destruction? I seem to only remember it for the Rappaports (Lanie and Jen- ugh and the endless Matthew paternity secret) and Tim Gibbs as Kevin and Ben/Viki, all of which I abhorred. I LOVED Kevin Stapleton and Kevin/Cassie and never got over them being dumped for an FOJ. But now that you've given it dates, I think that era would also include some of the Todd/Tea stuff I loved (unpopular but I loved his fake DID) and Jessica's pregnancy and hit and run, which was good stuff. So maybe she wasn't all horrible, all the time.

Archived