AMC: Wednesday, May 1, 2013 Episode Discussion

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Marceline, I agree with you about Zach. I guess his look is supposed to reflect his personality. Speaking of Zach, I am glad to hear an explanation as to why Kendall and the boys are not with him. I am hoping with AM comes back to do her guest spot, that we will get a little more clarity as to what was going on. If Kendall does come back on a permanent basis, I would love to see her as a strong independent woman paired away from Zach.

I was wondering this too. A new character yet to be introduced or perhaps it is Cara and David's child, she told everyone she miscarried???

• Members

Loved every moment of Opal's meddling!

I am trying hard not to completely stop caring about Celia. The story isn't bad (at least not for me) but the actress needs improvement. Hopefully we'll see a lot of that.

The Cassandra/Vlad scenes were a surprise-- I somehow expected them to whitewash the violence. They're tough to watch but I'm glad they're showing it for what it is.

The David/Angie interaction was sweet. And, as a side note, that turn Cara did, her shock. Gotta say, loved it.

• Members

I think the show is getting better and better as I'm watching, which is promising. You never want it to be the opposite.

In terms of what characters aren't currently on the campus-- I'm thinking/hoping that as the show finds its footing and things become more secure there will be room for returns here and there of some characters, even if it is for story arcs. I actually think it would be better for the drama if not everyone is back on the campus at once.

Imagine if AMC decided as a way to start summer sizzle, they bring back Erica in some dramatic fashion.

Today's episode was the best so far, especially in the way the writers laid out the exposition. It catches you up on the details without it being so utterly obvious that they're laying it out there at the same time, they're moving new story along. The transitions and beats were sharper and smoother at the same time (if that makes any sense:P ).

The scenes were cohesive and fluid. Vets were strong and they and newcomers mingled well. The first two days I got the sense that the actor who plays Pete (Robert Wilson?) rushed a bit, as if afraid to forget any of his lines but today, his scenes were much improved. I got a sense of the guy who loves his mother and wants to help protect his family legacy brush up against the brusque personality that so many Silicon Valley magnates are known for (because they want it now and are used to getting it now).

The Celia story is definitely showing a darker, twisted side.

All in all, very balanced episode. It had emotion and drama with just enough intrigue to make me want to tune in again.

• Members

Trying to start a race war or this wonderful Iconic SuperCouple in the annals of Daytime history, Angie and Jesse, who are examples to the AA community that still need positive role models, ie The Huxtables, to provide the masses of minorities who continue to seek these 2 ICONs as their great inspiration, to date. Jesse and Angie forever in the annals of daytime history in a wonderful way. 1st AA SuperCouple/PowerCouple in all of daytime.

Trying to start a race war or this wonderful Iconic SuperCouple in the annals of Daytime history, Angie and Jesse, who are examples to the AA community that still need positive role models, ie The Huxtables, to provide the masses of minorities who continue to seek these 2 ICONs as their great inspiration, to date. Jesse and Angie forever in the annals of daytime history in a wonderful way. 1st AA SuperCouple/PowerCouple in all of daytime.

I guess in the interest of time, they scroll quickly through the credits, quite fast too.

Archived