AMC: Wednesday, May 1, 2013 Episode Discussion

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

David Canary is a little off also.

I'm surprised the writers remembered Mackenzie. I'm sure some casual viewers are getting confused as to who she is.

Brooke does PR for the Miranda Center. That was established in the first episode.

• Members

Angie and Jesse forever! Jesse, Frankie, Natalia and Cassandra do not like the friendship with David. Angie is going against her husband and children. They ONLY tolerate it. Jesse and Angie forever. Legacy core characters forever.

• Members

They all walked and maybe it is because their mother chooses a friendship with David over their objections, maybe?? I think Angie still loves her children, they just don't like this David friendship. Yes, for a mother who has always been crazy about Frankie and accepting of Natalia, this seems a little out of character for her to be slightly dismissive of her family just to have a friendship with David.

• Members

Natalia is probably still in Philadelphia as a Detective and married to Brot who transferred to Philly. Frankie and Randi, Frankie is practicing medicine and Randi is busy in the fashion/modeling world, I am guessing. Maybe Randi was pregnant at the Finale episode. Maybe they are looking to cast/recast these roles for recurring??? That would be Maya in Oregon.

• Members

Linda, I agree with you, but from the other POV that David wants Cara and no one else, and she him! David and Angie work well as friends, something he badly needs and obviously appreciates. In an interview VI said flat-out David and Angie would not be romantic. So I'm going to enjoy the David/Cara angst while they still can't resist one another! :)

• Members

Angie's children dislike David. They are not coming home and maybe their mother's friendship with David is causing much tension and friction in the Hubbard household. Angie's husband and Children never liked David. Jesse simply tolerates it because he loves Angie and is in love with his wife. Jesse has tried to keep some level of harmony in the household concerning Angie's friendship with David. I think we will see episodes of Angie realizing her family more with the Cassandra drama. Maybe Jacob Foster will step into the picture hence a dual role for Darnell, which is rumoured to be a possibility. Everyone against Angie and all because of David.

• Members

I don't understand why everyone is glad that Angie and David are friends when NO ONE in the entire Hubbard household likes David at all. I am sure that the ONLY reason Jesse went along with Angie speaking to the parole board is ONLY because David did the surgery that saved Angie's eyesight and that is it.

• Members

Today was damn good. Probably the best show so far, IMO. Much tighter dialogue-wise than yesterday. The Celia story is getting darker and weirder and I liked Jordan Price a lot more today - the focus on stuff like the Miranda Center, social work, sexuality, working with sex workers, all old Agnes Nixon sort of stuff being woven through the background of her mystery guardian's puritanism. I loved that they started opening up the canvas, letting people pop in on each other. Opal meddling was faboo, and the Pete/CE stuff with Adam and the lawyer was intriguing. From the first scene Adam seemed to be sizing Pete up, as he would have Palmer. He was outwardly helpful, but he seemed cautious.

A lot of the Pete stuff with the lawyer (loved them mentioning Barry) seemed like a direct call-out re: PP's struggle with ABC and the unions. But it worked for Pete, who was brash and alienating people. All that stuff with those stories today was just very good, solid, traditional soap, well-told with clean lines. Plus, Julia Barr's face looked better.

Debbi Morgan and Vincent Irizarry still have it. I also liked that they let Zach say yes, he was what drove Kendall away, he was wrong. That would not necessarily have happened on ABCD.

Archived