AMC: Wednesday, May 1, 2013 Episode Discussion

• Members

I'm just happy to see people's daily routines right now, honestly. It's been a long time since we've been allowed to see anything but plot, plot, plot. The same goes for the Cramer scenes on OLTL today. And that's why I loved both that and Adam, Brooke, Opal, Celia, etc.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The Cramer scenes on OLTL had a lot more life and a better rhythm than the Chandler mansion scenes on AMC today. Opal was great but frankly Adam and Brooke, two dynamic characters, seem a little lost.

• Members

But everyone does have a story. At least the beginning of a story which makes sense because it's been THREE DAYS. Adam and Brooke aren't just there. Brooke is working on PR at the Miranda Center and Adam asked her to marry him on day one. Were we supposed to start off this show with everyone running through the streets fighting alien invaders or breaking into song?

I'm beginning to realize that for all the talk about missing character-based interaction there's a part of the soap audience that doesn't really want that. They want plot. Lots and lots of constantly moving plot no matter how shallow or brittle or poorly defined. Let's kill everybody and bring them back from the dead then rape em, knock them up, give them a big wedding then kill them again!

• Members

Way to jump from "They're just there" to "Alien invaders". Clearly I'm expecting too much to have something to draw me in in the first 3 [!@#$%^&*] episodes.

And I'm not even going to reply to the second part of your comment because it's ridiculous and you know that's not what I'm saying.

The push back on fair critiques of this show are really getting stupid. Yes, I am glad AMC is back that does not mean it's unfair to say ANYTHING negative about it. 1 episodes or 30, you're still allowed to talk about the impression you're gathering.

• Members

And when you do that, I'm allowed to comment on it. That's the discussion part of discussion board. I didn't tell you that you couldn't give your impressions. In fact I specifically addressed them . You said that Adam and Brooke are just there and I stated why I think that's not the case and even cited examples.

• Members

I like Erica enough. I hope Susan Lucci comes back, cause I hate seeing fans down about it. Plus I get tired of reading the repetitious facebook post inquiring where she is .I should take a break from that page before I lose senses, and start asking the same question. LOL

Archived