AMC: Wednesday, May 1, 2013 Episode Discussion

• Members

I said that yesterday. Everyone is acting freshly traumatized and there's no understandable reason for it. It's the pitfall of time jumps. If you're going to have a jump then IMO the writer still needs to have a firm idea of what happened in that missing time. You have to have the "deleted scenes" of the canon in the back of your mind otherwise you end up writing nonsense because you use the missing time as a free pass (I'm looking at you, Scandal.)

David's release would've been a perfect excuse for everyone to start relapsing into their PTSD.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I like the sound of that especially since we haven't seen Cassandra in a few years. While I know Angie/Jesse will hit a bulls eye with their reactions, the story does have to rest on the person being taken hostage.. and having that person be Cassandra is risky for that reason alone.

Now, if they had been able to get back the actress who played Natalia.. then I could see the present scenerio working since we had gotten to know her over the last few years of AMC. Plus, since she is a cop/detective.. I could see her being taken hostage while trying to crack the human trafficking ring.

• Members

I don't get it, people complained characters didn't talk about stuff when the show was on ABC and now that they are, people are still complaining.

I like it. we're getting conversations, something that lacked on the show for a very long time

• Members

Well it's a good thing I never said that! :D

I legitimately have no problem with the pace of the show. Fast paced soaps, where something has to constantly bEHAPPEningRIGHtNOW are not at all appealing to me because it gets to the point where nothing has any gravity. It's just event after event and you end up not caring at all.

• Members

I think people aren't complaining that the characters are talking to one another, I think they are complaining about the writing of said scenes.

Jesse/Zach, Angie/David, even Cara/Griffin had some very good scenes together due to the writing and the fact that there was exposition and some plot movement.

However, Adam/Brooke seem to be filler to some.. if I'm reading what some posters are saying correctly?

• Members

This sounds like it could be better with the Natalia storyline. With her being the detective with respect to the idea of a human trafficking ring. I am intrigued. See I can be open-minded to posters here and their commenting.

• Members

Okay. It's five years later. Brooke and Adam are married (no need to repeat the marriage proposal) and about to celebrate their anniversary with a big party at the Chandler mansion. However, Adam has received the results of his latest medical exams: he is exhibiting signs of dementia. Adam wants to keep the diagnosis quiet out of fear of what it would do to Brooke and to Chandler Enterprises. Brooke, however, suspects her husband is keeping something from her.

That's one idea.

ICAM, bl. :)

• Members

I think they could have found better, tighter ways to start from. Right now, it feels like it's only been a few weeks since the party. So, they definitely failed in that.

As for the slow pace, I'm totally fine with that (if you grow up watching Y&R, slow pace takes a whole other meaning). I think it adds to everything. For example, they're delaying Angie finding out about the disappearance and you know it's gonna be great when she does... I cannot wait and I'm glad that's the case. It builds tension, expectation and interest.

Archived