AMC: Wednesday, May 1, 2013 Episode Discussion

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree- and I love that Opal is going to meddle in this. The guardian mystery has totally pulled me in even if its a little odd when you think it all out. I'm hoping tomorrow's episode lays off Petey/Celia though just so there's no complaints that's she's being shoved down our throats. And because I want to get back to Dixie & the the shooting reveals.

• Members

why? I don't get the connection. Who would she be? Leora? I really want her to have nothing to do with Project Orpheus. I am intrigued by who her parents are and if they are past AMC characters. For some reason though, I fear she could be Zach's kid

I hope Cutter gives us more moments like this...lol

• Members

I've seen a lot of complaints about people saying that the characters shouldn't act this traumatized after 5 years. I think you're incorrect about that. Look, my dad died 3 years ago. My mother, to this day, will still randomly break down in tears because she misses him, and she's been told by other widows that sometimes that grief never goes away - you just learn to deal with it. IF Tad is dead, then yes, I can see why Dixie is acting like she is. Plus she's been dealing with her son being in a coma for five years - she's likely dealing with all of the stress involved with having a critically ill family member, all of the guilty feelings of "is it my fault he turned out like this?" (yes Dixie, it partially is), all of the stress with AJ wanting to move on but her not being able to let go of JR... Dixie was prone to hysterics a lot anyway, IIRC, so I don't think it would take much to make her cry these days.

Even IF Marissa is the only dead person, and JR was wounded by David, why wouldn't Brooke be traumatized by that five years later? Her future stepson and the young man her son considered a brother murdered his ex-wife in cold blood in front of her, in her home, right after she'd just gotten engaged to his father. That is traumatizing. And yes, you could still have sporadic nightmares about it years later, especially if you're napping in the same room where that murder took place! Another personal note: A colleague of mine was present several years ago when her boss was shot in front of her. The gunman pointed at her, yelled at her, gunned down her boss, and then ran out, and her boss died in front of her. Flash forward to present day, and she still has tremors in her hands that started that day and haven't disappeared. Maybe they never will. You don't just get over seeing someone you know gunned down in front of you.

• Members

To that point, I don't understand why she Is living in that house. She and Adam were not living in PV when the show ended.. They returned in the final week and said they would move back but they hadn't yet. If the shooting was so traumatizing, I wonder why she would move forward with her plans to move and back into that house. I would think that she would just stay wherever she and Adam were living before or find another home. Its not like they don't have the means and money to do so.

• Members

Angie/David romantically will never happen there is know reason to brake them up .

I could so see David/Cassandra paring now that would be major drama.

Just imagine the look on Angie and Jessie faces and i would expect some cussing to follow.

• Members

I've been thinking she was Leora.

That bracelet that she keeps wearing looks so familiar. (It was a charm bracelet with a heart the last patient was wearing right?) and, I just get these weird vibes off of her. Also, it would be like David to keep his one remaining child under control with help with someone while he was in the slammer.

• Members

I really think you are reaching with this one and with no Anna, I don't think they'd even go there. I like that this show is somewhat grounded in reality so far and think that would be too preposterous a plot to jump into so soon. Its way too early to have such a jumping the shark moment

• Members

You're right. But, we need to find out who that patient is. I'm seriously dying to know.

Also. Who took care of them when David was in the bighouse? Seriously. I'm sure Griffin probably did. But, I really hope David's last patient didn't die because of JR's actions and David trying to stop him.

Also: I hope Cutter goes and gets high on coffee and bounces around again. Soon. LMAO.

Archived