AMC: Wednesday, May 1, 2013 Episode Discussion

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I like that except you're essentially rewriting their entire premise. Brooke and Adam aren't married and they aren't about to celebrate anything. When I asked Darn what would've needed to happen I meant what would he(?) have needed to see within the parameters the show set up for us. I could say that Adam is banging Winifred but that's AU. David's release is part of our new canon so if one wanted more B/A action he could've shown up at their house first.

Personally I'm still wondering about the papers he had her sign. I would've liked to see a little more around that. We went from "I have a big favor to ask" to her signing and them making out with nothing in between. I consider that a dropped stitch. Admittedly, I fully expected Adam and Brooke to already be married. I'm confused about why they aren't. I mean, besides the apparent multiple murder that took place at their engagement party.

I just find it fascinating that we've got complaints about AMC moving too slow while the OLTL thread has complaints of the Victor reveal happening too fast.

• Members

By having her interact from the beginning with characters we know and are familiar with already. IIRC, her first scenes were with Pete, a new-ish character due to the fact that he's a recast; and with Evelyn, who looks like someone longtime AMC fans know but, for now, have no connection to. That's fine if AMC were a brand-new series, but it isn't. In this case, you build new characters through pre-existing ones. You don't just mention Celia's work at the Miranda Center, you have her actually there, working alongside Brooke and Bianca (if she's there still).

Ah, okay. Gotcha.

And please don't talk about Adam banging Winifred. Just don't.

• Members

But I'm saying that should have happened before all that business with Petey and the dirty apple. We could have waited awhile to get to know Pete and Celia before plunging them into "The Woman in White."

• Members

I guess the kinks are still getting worked out... the first 3 episodes have felt very uneven to me.... but today's episode was probably the best, except for some rather strange dialogue. Angie walking in and saying OemGee.... seriously? LOL

I like the Celia character and the mystery surrounding who her "guardian" is.... I kind of like the mystery part period to the show because there is still a lot of what has happened the last 5 years that we still do not know.

I was very disappointed the Opal/Brooke conversations though were tied exclusively to Celia.... I wanted some "catch up" talk, similar to David and Angie's scenes...

Adam has been filler thus far, but maybe David Canary is not up for leading story anymore.

Overall, enjoying this reboot... will give it some time to adjust.

• Members

I agree, it helps that the actress is fairly good....

although having a scene partner of Francesca James certainly helps. I really am intrigued by the whole thing. The guardian has to be either someone on the canvas, or a past heavyweight character....

Archived