AMC: Wednesday, May 1, 2013 Episode Discussion

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I would say their friendship started while Angie was blind. He was her doctor & they had some very deep moments with each other. Also this isn't the first time Angie's gotten David out of jail, she did it back in 2011 when she convinced Jessie to let David temporarily go so he could treat one of his mystery patients.

• Members

They really were--and it was a great plot development, one of my favorites of the last few years of AMC. To say there is no history there is ridiculous--he talked to her about his father's suicide, she confronted him about his God complex--a lot of great scenes.

She also I believe in the last episode tried to get Jesse to get him "un"-arrested. Anyone who says there was no connection there, simply did not watch the last four months.

• Members

Ha you may have a point with TPIR.

No there's no issue with watching it, it just looks kinda... different. Maybe it's just because I haven't watched many soaps on HD before? I have no idea--it reminded me a bit of how I felt, though, when The City used that "film" filter.

Opal did mention Tad in the first episode.

• Members

Serious. I do not understand why this is an issue. I think more people would have complained if the whole first episode had been devoted to explaining what happened (I would.)

it sounds like we'll find out most of it by tomorrow, and all by two weeks. This is fast moving by soap standards--the fact that someone (I think in yesterday's thread) said that it was reminding her of how Reilly wrote Passions with the endless unresolved mysteries just boggles my mind.

• Members

I feel the same way. It's like watching KNOTS LANDING before Abby hit the cul-de-sac.

Sure, she's...cheeky, but that isn't the same as Erica telling Phil he's Nick's son in order to break up him and Tara. Right now, at least, I don't get a similar vibe from her daughter's daughter.

• Webmaster

If by the end of week two, and nothing dramatic happens...I'll understand people complaining after just three episodes. Until then, I'll ignore and enjoy. I like the slow build, which isn't really slow actually. The show truly does feel like we've returned to Pine Valley after a long traumatic event and this is only the first "new" day to have gone by since Monday. I think the pacing is fine as it is, to be honest.

Archived