Worst Soap Stan Wars of all Time?

• Members

Yep---Carjack versus anyone started many a riot on more than a couple of boards back in the day. I think Carjackers got a bad rap for supporting their couple---you do look argumentative when you're literally the only fanbase on your show subjected to no other story but a bleepity-bleep-bleep triangle every year.

The PEm/Peg wars went to a whole 'nother level. It got dirty, to the point on the old SC/PGP boards that it would bleed over. Any reply in any other thread could rile it up. There was even some crap about the size and color of font in siggies that was "offensive" to the other group.

And the SKaties and Maties had their tiffs. That got so bad one board closed after Teri Conn said something nice about Skatie and/or PL during one of his stunt returns.

Oh...as for GL----the Jammies vs the non-Jammies.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Pem/Peg...was when i realized that i never get the pairings I want...even when the opposite it totally crazy writing. I loved Paul and Meg along with crazy Emily...then they flip flopped it and did Paul and Emily with crazy Meg...I was shell shocked. After Paul had treated Emily so callously and poorly for years, she becomes his grand love. And Emily...after trying to kill paul...Eh...

And then the total abrupt ending of Dusty and emily when the actress went on her maternity leave...

No matter what couple I ship, the writers never give it to me in the end. Never!

• Members

EJami fans tend to be insane it seems and their wars with the Safe fans are crazy to watch. I actually saw an Ejami get kicked out of an event for harsasing Galen.

Elizabeth's couple fans on GH also seem to be extreme. LL, LiRic, Liason. Liason vs Jasam is crazy, and Liason vs Journey was really cray but short lived.

Carjack fans on ATWT and Scrubs fans on GH attached actress who played characters that threatened their couple, thats a whole other kind of insane.

• Members

I always thought Jasam vs. Liason wars reached ridiculous levels with all the nonsense about a Becky/Steve affair and Kelly and Steve hating each other. Just bizarre rumors that would go around.

I don't recall S&B vs. J&B getting to that level of insanity, but there were heated debates.

I vividly remember the NOLers (No Ordinary Love Carson fans) posting on Soapzone that they wished VM's son would get sick so she would leave the show circa 2003. That is just crazy talk and makes me embarassed to be a soap fan. No one giggled more than me when Sonny shot Carly in the head and the S&Bers/non-Carson fans came up with awesome user names on SZ like SonnynevershotBrenda and NoOrdinaryBullet. Fortunately, it seems that bunch of crazies disbanded a while ago.

• Members

Brenda/Jax vs Brenda/Sonny were pretty hardcore -- and that was around the dawn of soap message boards.

Carly/Sonny vs Carly/Lorenzo. I remember this particularly vividly because I loved CarLo.

Bridge vs Tridge was psychotic. Also: Bridge vs Brick (Brooke & Nick).

The GL wars sound horrendous.

The biggest stan wars I have ever seen were over Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Buffy & Angel vs Buffy & Spike. Damn that was vicious.

• Members

I had no idea Bo and Lindsay ever had any fans, and I was around back then. That's crazy.

I loved Max and Maggie as a kid, right after loving Max and Luna. Nowadays all anyone remembers is clown school. And who can blame them?

• Members

That's interesting because I think I'm the only one that liked Miguel (though I was never fooled into believing that he and Brenda were to be taken seriously)...LOL. However, the less said about Sonny and that thirsty twit, the better.

Perhaps, I should be upset about the writers being so blatant about their regard (or lack of) for Leo/Laura, but I honestly didn't care because I was glad that they were on the same page when it came to my GreenLeo...LOL

• Members

I think she looks like a child they could produce. And the same ones who were saying she looked too ethnic were trying to make it seem like LA before her was ethnic by saying she was like 1/12 native american. I understand being unhappy your fave got recast but bringing race into was unnecessary especially since I remembered a couple of them as the same ones who were calling AI bedwarmer and nappy headed.

Now CK looks nothing like VR and SM. I have seen someone say before that her nose makes her look too ethnic. I don't think she looks too ethnic. I just don't think her Lily looks like Dru or Malcolm. Or comes off as a member of the Winters family. I also find her portrayal lazy, dull, and uninspiring. And it's very easy for her to be pushed as racially ambiguous instead of a black character.

• Members

You're the first to mention them! Speaking of them, what about Bo/Nora vs. Bo/Gabrielle? Was there ever anything heated between

those two fanbases?

I don't think there was ever anything like that between Max/Gabrielle and Bo/Gabrielle fans. From what I saw, most B&G fans wouldn't have minded her with Max, they just liked her with Bo better. It was the one over Nora and Gabrielle that had the heat, or ANY heat.

Actually, I'm surprised that longtime fans didn't bring up Didi, or especially Sarah, once Bo/Nora's supercouple status started to build up.

• Members

Let's be fair---when there's a quote-unquote war---it's never one-sided. For every pushy Carjack fan, there was an obnoxious Jack/Julia fan pushing back.

***and for the record, I still cringe whenever Parisse surfaces. But I take a great satisfaction in her cold, listless portrayals.

Archived