Worst Soap Stan Wars of all Time?

• Members

laugh.pnglaugh.png

Yes, really - at least, per my experience on message boards. While I've gone back and forth to argue the fine points of S&B with an equally-passionate J&Ber (complete with the Jax is second-string vs. Sonny is a greasy thug debates), never once did the conversation ever disintegrate to a point where folks were sending voodoo dolls to Maurice Benard (well, at least, not because of any J&B love) or making friends with the writers in order to get them to skew a story in S&B's favor and fire Ingo Rademacher (sp?).

I guess I've been lucky enough to not have come across the message boards that took it to the level that the stans of this century have. What can I say - we S&Bers/J&Bers are a sophisticated bunch of stans...tongue.png

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Stan tells KKL that HT fans say nasty stuff about her and HT doesn't try to stop it. KKL asks HT why doesn't she talk to her...HT tells her not to get caught up in the hype...LOL. Go to this DC post below to see the tweets.

http://daytimeconfidential.zap2it.com/2012/08/12/brooke-vs-taylor-the-real-life-edition-fan-sparks-twitter-drama-between-bold-and-beautifu

• Members

Perhaps. Keep in mind, though, GUIDING LIGHT, along with the other P&G soaps, tended to stay above the fray, so to speak, whenever it came to love triangles and fan wars. I mean, I'm sure both PnB and Bujack had their defenders. However, in the end, I feel as if most were civilized enough not to believe one pairing was "better" than the other, and that the show, as it was back then, would have satisfied them regardless of the outcome.

Of course, all that changed with the advent of Matt and Vanessa. Seemingly overnight, they, and their fans, turned a show what had never been a "couples-driven" show into one; and once GL openly catered toward them, it was a slippery slope downward (to Manny, to Jeva, to Rassie, and eventually, to Jammy and GusH).

• Members

Max and Maggie were...fine. But a lot of antipathy toward them stemmed from the fact that Maggie was so hung up on starting a clown school, of all things. Not Claire Labine's finest hour.

I've the feeling, though, it would have been less a fan war, and more a fan campaign to have Bob killed off, or at least neutered.

• Members

I forgot about the Stan wars on PSSNS

Charity & Miguel vs Kay & Miguel

Gwen & Ethan vs Theresa and Ethan

Whitney & Fox vs Theresa and Fox

Lindsay ( Theresa)fans are the most hateful people. They was saying racial things about

Brooke Kerr. Calling her hair nappy & some other hateful things. & they always got

something nasty to say about Liza Huber looks.

& Lindsay herself is just average in looks & below average in acting.

• Members

To me it was Broe/Phoe for DAYS. The soap press loved it and rabid fans ate it up, meanwhile there were many fans who were like wtf go away Ghoul Girl. I eventually came to appreciate (but not like) Nadia Brojlin/Chloe but at that point why were people flipping out when both were dreadfully bad ugh.

Archived