Worst Soap Stan Wars of all Time?

• Members

Jeva fans v. RnJ fans (GL): People on many boards (preferably SOC) were livid when Reva and Josh ended together; however, I wasn't.tongue.png

Again at SOC, Tangeline v. TnB fans. It got heated, but wasn't that bad.

JessTonio v. Jash fans.

Hart/Dinah v. Hart/Cassie

Paul/Meg v. Paul/Ro v. Paul/Emily

Jack/Carly v. Craig/Carly

Georgie/Dillon v. Lulu/Dillon

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I can't speak about the Reilly era and everything afterward -- although, dragonflies makes an excellent point about EJami vs. Lumi -- but it seems as if couples on '80's DAYS by-and-large weren't designed that way. Whatever outside obstacles a certain couple faced, it was usually something, or someone, that was universally loathed. Unless there were some Bo/Megan fans roaming about?

• Members

Forget those four, marceline. Liza was their sole, common obstacle, and I'm willing to bet money that no one wanted a Greg/Liza or Jesse/Liza pairing.

But imagine if Phil/Tara/Chuck had been around in the Internet age. Of course, as it turned out, I think it got to a point where very few even gave a damn anymore about who Tara ended up with.

• Members

You are right about Timothy Stickney's middle name but that still doesn't change what he said happy.png ...but blaming REG fans for wanting for her what other fan bases want for their faves is a little odd. Don't you think? But then I do remember the Joliers saying that REG fans pushing for her to be a lead and not accepting her as less than Natalie (their words, "them not knowing her place") is why TPTB chose not to deal with her and not push to renew her contract. That always seemed a little too Rosa Parks and Jim Crow-ish to me so I always chalked it up to typical Jolie priviledged nonsensical speek becaue certainly TPTB at ABCD and OLTL didn't think that about any character. But maybe it does have some validity, I see you seem to think so. You never know. I do admit to thinking the your claim odd that TPTB didn't want to be bothered with having a popular actress and character on the show. Isn't that what they all strive to create. Isn't that what helps increase the ratings.

• Members

Now I get what y'all are saying re: Greg/Jenny/Jesse/Angie. Yeah, that would have been a shitstorm on the 'net. No lie.

Speaking of DAYS, just imagine for a moment what the Doug/Julie/Addie triangle would have been like in the hands of cyber-fans. You think certain people went nuts with all the accusations of racism in the JoVan/Jolie wars? Imagine all the calls AARP might have fielded from angry Doug/Addie fans.

Archived