Worst Soap Stan Wars of all Time?

• Members

Mattessa wasn't even the first GL couple to get a name, originally their stans called them M/V - Mattessa was the nickname everyone else used. Most of the GL names came in 1995 or so. Of course, part of it was based on a war, though due to a split between Maureen Garrett's fans--some who preferred Holly with Roger and others who liked her with Fletcher. The nickname Folly was a slam at Fletcher and Holly, so the Folly people tried to annoy the Roger/Holly people by calling them Rolly and we're off to the races.

The Bope name was the first Days name I saw, but they didn't have that designation back in 95/96. I only saw that name later, as originally they were BoandHope spelled out as one word. The first non-GL couple to have a nickname online that I saw used a lot was ATWT Holden/Lily aka Lilden. The GH fans had names but most were things like S&B or LnL2. Nexis (Ned & Alexis was one of the first I saw for that show that was done in the same style as the GL names.)

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Lindsay fans had this site that she would visit. & she know how nasty her fans are to Brooke & Liza the peoplenot the characters they play. & she encourage them. Especially when her a Justin was becoming couple. She

didn't care that wasn't part of the story. As along as she and Justin can be a couple on screen & off screen. I was so happy when Passions went off the air.

• Members

At a certain point, I deliberately started rooting for no one, because I grew sick and tired over all the fighting over characters and pairings who, IMO, weren't worth the shade-throwing. You want Carly to end up with Sonny, or with Jax? Well, guess what? I'm-a say that Carly should be with neither, and neither should Sonny nor Jax.

And then there are situations like what's happening right now among B&B's Hope, Liam and Steffy. There, I root for Hope and Steffy to ditch Liam and hook up with each other. Again, out of spite, and also because, nine times out of ten, I just don't understand the appeal on either side of the proverbial table.

• Members

I've rarely rooted for either side in a triangle. I don't like soap triangles. They're often imbalanced, forced, drag out too long, miss the beats. Even the most evenly balanced triangles were never technically triangles, like Hal/Margo/Tom on ATWT. I tend to prefer other conflicts for couples.

• Members

Glad I mostly stayed away from Passions fandom online. I got involved in it 2006 but that was the only time. And I've noticed when ever a black woman is with a white man that fangurls want a white female to be with things get ugly and racist remarks get thrown out.

Like on GH, Ethan and Kristina never even hooked up but I would log on SOC and see racist comments about AI/Maya. One of those many reasons why I hate SOC because the mods only delete bad comments about actors/characters they like. Some called her the bedwarmer/warm body and they'd call her nappy headed.

• Members

I told them since ya'll don't have somebody to tell ya'll when something offensive maybe ya'll need to get

somebody else to help ya'll out. That let al lthat racist stuff fly & when the other poster want a answer.

They would delete that person post but keep the racist ones up.

• Members

Last time I was on there was last summer very briefly. I was just kind of lurking the GH board and I saw all these posts saying Lindsey Morgan was too dark skinned to play Kristina(even though she an MB are around the same skintone) and she looked too Mexican, and looked almost black. And I told the mods they need to delete crap like that since they delete everything else on that board and they left the posts up. But let me not get into a rant about themany things wrong with SOC because ignorance runs rampant over there.

• Members

You know what would be good? Take a Caucasian male and put him in a triangle with an African-American girl and another Caucasian male -- except, the first male is torn between the AA girl and the other dude. Then, stand back and watch as certain fans' heads explode over how to respond to THAT triangle.

Archived