HOLIDAY MIRACLE: Prospect Park Back On Track To Revive AMC and OLTL

• Members

Reassuring! Thanks!

I wouldn't have much of an issue with this person being cast or trained if the previous younger cast hadn't been wiped clean in a conscious choice. I'm not against training people. I'm against wiping a cast under 30 out to train people. Effectively, it appears Stephanie Gatschet, and Trent Garrett if he also wasn't approached, were fired (that's the word for it) and they were deemed not good enough for the new show, and the show brought in a bunch of other young people for their vision of what the younger cast should be.

But like I said, I will give him a chance, and yes, please if anyone can find clips of his other work, that'd be great!

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Webmaster

BTW, I don't do torture (response to a page or two back). I'm not into kinky things. Um...not the place to talk about this stuff. Then again, the size of one's... is better suited in a something blog (indescribable) that shall not be named.

• Members

Actually, Viki was still in therapy in early 1996. Malone had further plans for Viki's DID therapy but those plans were summarily dropped. Seeing as Erika Slezak herself complained about the lack of follow through that year, I'm hardly alone in my complaints.

As for Todd, read my post again I specifically lauded his 93-94 story. Those two years held a gritty realism that attracted mainstream praise and anticipation of the realistic rehab story originally promised in fall of 94. A victim all cozy with her gang rapist and the gang rapist overnight rewarded with riches received a great deal of criticism, including from RH who walked out over the bad writing. It's always been a controversial writing period for Todd even Malone acknowledged that.

Back to my original point if PP really seeks cutting edge, modernized OLTL, Gottlieb was a better choice, IMO. I'll just be happy if Horgan abandons RC's silly camping of OLTL's last years and takes topics seriously again.

• Members

Of course we'd all have liked Linda Gottlieb. But Susan Bedsow Horgan has a solid track record, a lot of good work under her belt on both OLTL and CBS soaps, and her tenure at OLTL is largely remembered fondly by a lot of people. She's the next best thing AFAIC.

And it's Erika Slezak.

Archived