HOLIDAY MIRACLE: Prospect Park Back On Track To Revive AMC and OLTL

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Trent Garrett was a model but he had a fairly normal body -- fit but not the six-pack abs, bulging biceps. Garrett also had a lot of natural charisma and conveyed his character well when there was a clear direction to him.

The show made the reveal about Asher being Caleb's son too fast, and made him forgive Caleb too fast, then they didn't know whether to put him with Colby or not and what to do with him, so Asher came across as just kind of there, but it wasn't Garrett's fault.

Personally I think Kreizman/Swajeski had a plan but Frons vetoed it and that's why Asher was stuck in holding pattern after his first three months.

• Members

I disagree. Gottlieb's OLTL was lauded for its dramatic and cutting edge docudrama style especially for Todd's 93-94 story. In 1995, that style was dropped and instead became standard soap fare. Viki's DID story was very good in 94-95 but sputtered out in 96.

I give SBH props for being loads better than Maxine and Jilly who followed her but I'd be far more excited for PP under Gottlieb's hands. She knew how to deliver cutting edge drama.

Archived