Star Wars: Episode VII

dragonflies

• Members

I'm very happy Abrams...beyond thrilled at the ridiculous slap in the face the fans and people around the world have given that hater and old bitter loser they call George Lucas. While it was very very similar to A New Hope it was so good I was willing to forgive all of that. I just hope Episode 8 and 9 have all new plots and twists when it comes to story.

Dare I say I was picking up major chemistry between Finn and Poe!?!?! I'm kinda hopeful they go "there" but I know Finn is probably for Rey. Speaking of Rey she was absolutely mesmerizing. Every single scene with her was just hypnotic. The scenes between her and Adam Driver/Kylo Ren were incredible. That final lightsaber scene...YESSSSS. 

Oh Han...I saw it coming a million miles away and yet the entire scene was just so well executed. The way the lighting changed/the atmosphere...I love that they shot over to Leia. 

The ending...I really hope there's a blood line connection. Sorry but I want it. 

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I saw it! I really enjoyed it, even though it is obvious Abrams and his writers essentially took the original Star Wars and basically re-filmed it with tweaks here and there. I loved that Finn was a stormtrooper but I wish we could have understood better his transition from stormtrooper to instant good guy. Rey was incredible. Honestly, the chemistry between Daisy Ridley and Adam Driver was really strong even though they are probably cousins or maybe even siblings. That final lightsaber fight scene was really good! Kylo Ren was a great addition, though as soon as he took the mask off, you felt that he was totally vulnerable and fallable.

Basically, Han Solo and Chewbacca made the film for me. I loved that Harrison Ford actually got to drive storyline and quip away rather than just show up as a name-check cameo (C3PO, Leia -- omg I'm so disappointed Leia is a saintly matron and not the pissy spitfire she used to be!).

• Members

I hope Leia brings back her sass and spunk instead of being the saintly, boring matron! Everybody knows Carrie Fisher is a spitfire (see every press junket she has done for this particular Star Wars). I still remember her iconic line in Episode IV about Chewbacca: "Will someone get this big walking carpet out of my way??"

• Members

The whole thing is overblown. She only kissed him once and it wasn't sexual. It was purely to make Han jealous and this was before she knew Luke was her twin. He may have crushed on her but she wasn't interested and it ultimately amounted to nothing. There wasn't even much in the way of flirting as Leia's flirtation was primarily  with Han

• 2 weeks later...

Archived