Star Wars: Episode VII

dragonflies

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Interesting article. I "knew" Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill had been signed on since before Disney bought LucasFilm. I remember George Lucas talking about it. I didn't know about Harrison. He was the one I was worried about. This rumor of him have a "huge" role, I'm mixed. While I LOVE Han Solo and of the "big three" most looking forward to Harrison reprise Han, I don't want Han to have such a huge role it takes away from the Skywalkers or any of the new lead characters.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Brienne of Tarth has been cast also.

I am the opposite. I am almost solely interested in the original cast and these new people resonate for me as Star Wars people as much as say Samuel L Jackson or Ewan Mcgregor: they are actors in a Star Wars film and I guess they will be fine, but they will never be the heart and core of Star Wars. Star Wars will forever be the people who appeared in the original three films. Speaking of, where the hell is Lando?

• Members

Don't get me wrong I LOVE Harrison Ford as Han Solo but their time is done and it's time that a new generation step forward. The original trio though is pretty old and the characters themselves are past their prime. They definitely deserve one last hurrah but if I'm honest I'd be more than okay with just getting a 15 minute cameo from the three of them and that's it.

Yeah I saw about Brienne of Tarth. She's also pretty good on GoT so I'm def amped about her too! The cast was already looking fantastic and now it sounds like a very talented bunch. I just pray and hope the chemistry between them is authentic and amazing. If they get the plot right this could be magical!!

I just want them to create amazing storylines and further develop this universe outside of the hot mess that the 80% crap novels did in the Expanded Universe. If anyone can deliver though its JJ Abrams.

• Members

Most of the casting and revamping in the Star Trek movies ranged between wan and piss-poor. I'm glad they are at least aware of the idiocy of recasting the roles (which I wish they'd known with Star Trek). I don't have any real faith in Abrams to do anything but show off lens flares and pointless explosions, but at least some of this casting is on the mark.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

What did you think of it YRBB? I think it was absolutely perfect. The ending...OMG. Just loved the tone throughout...the voiceover (I am now starting to suspect that a certain British actor will indeed make a shocking surprised appearance in the film).

Loved the wide shots of some of the planets and the Sith portion in the snow...wow.

• Members

It looks absolutely great to me. I had some reservations over the choice of director but it seems that they're staying firmly within brand and honoring what the movie series is about. Let's see! Only a little over a year away!

Archived