Star Wars: Episode VII

dragonflies

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm not a huge Disney fan (for what they did to ABC alone), but I had the same thought. Haven't many fans felt that the Star Wars franchise has been a mess for a long time and that all the movies starting with the Jar Jar Binks one were big mistakes?

• Members

I agree that this has more potential for good than bad. The last three to come out were awful and GL seemed to refuse to accept or hear any valid issues with the films. I like that he appointed someone to run LucasFilm and that they will seemingly be working off his outlines, but maybe him being a few steps removed isnt the worst thing.

Disney will be a machine in pumping out toys and march too, and thats nice because i know little kids in my family love classic star wars but finding toys and stuff for them isnt exactly simple. Plus disneyland already had the star wars ride and march there.

• Members

Many fans consider Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi the best two films in the franchise and those also happen to be the only two films George didn't direct. This could be a great thing. George is probably better as an ideas person and have other people execute those ideas.

• Members

Personally, I wouldn't mind if Brad Bird got the directing job. I think he'd able to make 7,8,9 feel much more like 4-6 than 1-3 and do it without letting an ego get in the way or try to put "his stamp on it" like what an Abrams might do.

One thing I'd love it at some point in time Disney re-themed (even if just temporary) Space Ship Earth at Epcot as the Death Star. I mean how could they NOT be temped?

death-star-spaceship-earth-.jpg

• Members

I'm excited for this. Episode I, II and III were horrid and George Lucas proved that he cannot sustain the franchise, either in writing or directing. I'm glad someone else will be at the helm and hope Disney does this right.

Archived