Lifetime, LMN, and Hallmark

Wales2004

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was going to include this but now I can't quite remember why I didn't. I am thinking that it may have been because it was clear that she was recounting it even though it turned out to be made up. If I recall correctly the beginning of Her Married Lover showed the scenes as if they actually happened and it wasn't until close to the end when she was talking to a police detective that she appeared to be recounting certain events which were then clearly meant to be seen as flashbacks. In the Regina King movie she was simply painting a false narrative with which I would have had no issue if she had only been talking/lying about what happened. The fact that her narrative included scenes of her lies is where I have the problem. It's sort of how CSI shows viewers the hypothesis of the detective but you're fully aware that this is just what that individual believes happened as opposed to it being presented as though it really happened that way.

They could at least make the banner background partially transparent. But I would prefer no banner at all.

Lauren Holly has done quite a few on Hallmark and Lifetime as well. She was in one of Rob Lowe's repeat performances. He's been the killer husband at least twice now.

That sounds like The Quiet with Edie Falco. Camilla Belle played the daughter of some friends that died and she went to live with the dysfunctional family. She didn't speak and I believe everyone assumed she was deaf so they naturally said things around her believing she could not hear them, but she could. Edie Falco played the heavily medicated wife of the rapist father. She would knock herself out and he would visit his daughter;s room at night. The not deaf girl finally heard enough to figure out what was going on and she killed him. I saw the uncensored version on another channel. The story is disturbing but I don't know what they were going for direction wise and the acting didn't help either.

I think ABC Family does the 25 days of Christmas. I know they had a new movie last year and the year before they had one with Christina Milian and Chad Michael Murray--one of those formulaic ones where someone dies and cannot get her wings until she shows the self obsessed person how terrible her life is and how she needs to change before it's too late. Hallmark had a bunch of new ones last year including more Mrs. Miracle, They start their round the clock Christmas movies next month....around Thanksgiving I believe. Lifetime either starts at Thanksgiving or the first of December and they have new ones and a bunch they show over and over again. I like Recipe for a Perfect Christmas with Carly Pope and Bobby Carnavale.

• Members

Hallmark has the best Christmas movies: A Princess for Christmas, A Holiday Engagement

They had one from last year that wasn't a holiday movie, but I loved it: The Wish List

ABC FAMILY sucks anymore with their "holiday" movies, Harry Potter is not a holiday movie, nor is Toy Story

The last good Christmas movie ABCF showed was "The Snowglobe"

• Members

I am trying to think a tv christmas movie i like, and cant. Then again even movie theater christmas movies all i got is The Family Stone, Love Actually and Four Christmas'. I am not a fan of christmas though.

I do like the Hallmark movies based on that witch.

• Members

ABC Family used to make more original movies. The only one I've seen of late is Lucky 7 which periodically airs on Lifetime. I would love to see This Time Around again (with Carly Pope and Sara Rue). That was a sweet movie.

LMN will run some movies into the ground and certain good or at least interesting ones will only air once every several years. There is one called The Survivors Club that I would not mind seeing again. They show Desperate Escape, Student Seduction, etc regularly.

One promo clip that I find annoying is the one where Taraji Henson is shouting that her baby was taken from her. I didn't feel anything but annoyed by the noise she made in saying that. The movie was fine with the exception of that one scene where it might have been more effective to speak in a softer voice.

• Members

I love "Lucky 7" great movie

To each their own, but I have no interest in Harry Potter crap on Christmas and alot of pissed off fans on their ABCF FB page let them know they weren't too happy about it, tis why they didn't show it as much as they have last year for the holidays. OMG were people pissed(me included) LOL

• Members

Tune in within the next few weeks, and you'll indeed be confirming the veracity of this lovely sentiment. Whoever makes such decisions for them does an incredibly good job -- they really put you in the spirit of whatever season/mood that is appropriate.

THE GOOD WITCH!!!! I like those, too.

• Members

I watched the Carlina White movie and the Behind the Headlines and I was totally disconnected from both but the movie more than the reality. It's a very sad story involving complex emotions but I didn't get anything from the actors. At most I found the kidnapper character extremely irritating because she seemed crazy most of the times and I don't know if it was because she was just supposed to be mentally unhinged or if drugs played a major role in her behavior. I like Keke Palmer but I don't think this was a good role for her. I didn't buy her as the 23 year old mother. I also didn't like that Aunanue Ellis was used to play the kidnapper for the whole movie but they had younger and older versions of the parents. That was distracting and made little sense to me since they could have cast actors who were a tad bit older and used them throughout the movie. Sherri Shepard did nothing for me either. I could connect with the story but not the dramatization of it.

Archived