Lifetime, LMN, and Hallmark

Wales2004

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Pastor Brown's cast is great. The movie was good overall. I liked the mother-son parts. I think they should have shown Jessica (SRW) at work in the beginning of the movie before she was called about her dad. The father wanting her to take over for him seemed a bit of a stretch--even in trying to make the Prodigal Son parallel. The ending sermon scene didn't work that well for me. While I had no problem with the sentiments she expressed, the "Preacher's" voice detracted from it. I think it would have been better had SRW ditched that tone and just spoke in a natural voice which would have made it seem more from the heart.

I read that Rockmund Dunbar was hoping for ratings that were strong enough to make Lifetime turn it into a series. I remember that being said about the mini-series Sarah Chalke did for Lifetime but that didn't get turned into one. In order to do that, they'd basically have to go the same route as The Client List and virtually undo most of the movie.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I think "The Killing Secret" has been on Lifetime since 2000 or 2001 yet they've aired it 3 times already this year! It's a great movie though. Ari Meyers, who I loved on Kate & Allie, is the lead actress.

"Lying Eyes" is another old Lifetime movie and it's on LMN practically every month! It's a great movie though partly because of how ridiculous it is. It's one of Vincent Irizarry's best roles.

• Members

LMN seems to put a handful or so of movies in heavy rotation for months, which makes it seem as if they are on once or twice a week. Some of them disappear for years after that and some reappear months later. Then there are movies that they seem to be only able to show once or twice every couple of years or more. It's amazing that they have as many movies as they have available, yet seemingly have a limiited supply. Lifetime has a preoccupation with 17 year olds almost every other week.

• Members

I wish that LMN was run like Turner Classic Movies. It appears as though Lifetime has a whole bunch of movies, but only run a few over and over.

Turner Classic Movies showcases movies in groups. For instance, in March, they ran oscar nominated movies thoughout the month so you had a wide variety of different movies that weren't repeated over and over.

In the past, they also devoted a week to a particular actor such as Joan crawford.. and they ended up running all of her movies dating back to the silent movie era all the way up to Baby Jane in 1962. I dvr;'d quite a few of those movies and relish watching them.

I think LMN used to do that more often before A & E purchased them. I would love if they repositioned LMN as more of a classic tv movie showcase (i.e. missing children movies from the 70s, 80s, 90s, and so on). Or even feature a movie marathon of tv movie queens such as Jane Seymour, Judith Light, Jaclyn Smith, etc. They have the movies, why not show them?

• Members

I haven't noticed them giving much attention to any of the stars of their movies (except maybe when Lifetime premieres a movie). LMN doesn't even seem to care. They sometimes air movies with the same actor or actress back to back, but they don't bother promoting it.

I see they've gone back to showing the same movie three or four times a week.

Archived