Lifetime, LMN, and Hallmark

Wales2004

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's from back when ABC Family was still making those romantic movies. They still seem to do a couple of holiday movies here and there but the last one of those general ones seems to be the one with Melissa and Joey prior to their getting the sitcom.

They probably saw Jason Priestly as a bigger deal than Bradley Cooper and look how he's taken off since then.

The movies they are showing after are kind of sweet as well. I'm to the point now where I sometimes just watch the end of some of these movies since the last three or four minutes contains all the ahhhh moments.

My comment on the latest Kellie Martin Hallmark movie is that I am glad that they refrained from doing that reverse kissing scene that they seem to be fond of using for moving endings--the one where the couple finally gets together and kisses and the next scene is them kissing at their wedding only they've reversed positions going from left to right/right to left. I find that totally unnecessary but somebody clearly loves using that technique.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

So I watched Lifetime's latest movie "Stalked At 17" which featured Jamie Luner as the crazy mother of a crazy obsessive son who looked more like 30 than the 21-22 years he was supposed to be.

There wasn't much stalking in this movie. He actually exhibited as much if not more obsessive behavior towards the parents, specifically the father, until the last quarter of the movie.

I found it one of the oddest of the bad movies they've churned out because they make this girl a teen mother and completely ignore the consequences of that just to focus on the final plot point.

Here's a humorous take on it:

http://crushable.com/entertainment/lifetime-movie-review-stalked-at-17-lessons-429/

• Members

I saw a few minutes of it and got the impression that the girl talking to the "Brinks" guy was going to turn out to be in on it. I stopped watching.

Last week's original Hallmark movie Love at the Thanksgiving Day Parade had a noticeable editing mistake at the end.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived