Lifetime, LMN, and Hallmark

Wales2004

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Something about her face makes it appear swollen.

Hallmark's Naughty or Nice featured Jessica Tuck. It is one of those sweet movies. I didn't see the Joey Lawrence movie but it seems like the holiday version of My Fake Fiance with Melissa Joan Hart which was also a sweet movie. I think Hallmark's new holiday movies this year are better than the Lifetime ones so far.

• Members

I liked Love at the Christmas Table which premiered yesterday.It followed the relationship between Sam at Kat from age 5-32 every year at Christmas Dinner. But the March Sister's movie was terrible. Can't believe I sat through the whole thing. JMB was the main lead and the worst actress of the bunch so alot of people are gonna remember her screeching more than anything else. First holiday movie I sat through where everyone was unlikeable.

• Members

IMDB credits Jennifer Maisel for this, the Mowry twins' Double Wedding and the 2000 version of Satan's School for Girls.

I got to see some of Love at the Christmas Table which I found okay. Danica McKellar looks too old to pass for 19 through 32 so that was a bit distracting. Maybe it's the makeup but she actually looks closer to 40 than 32.

Did I overlook comments on Liz and Dick? I didn't watch it but I thought others here might have. I'm just glad I don't have to hear/see any more ads regarding the premiere.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

It's been a month since I've posted in this thread and Hallmark is still showing holiday movies. They'll finally move on when they start airing Happy Days and The Brady Bunch on the 2nd. So here's my wrap-up on the holdiay movies topic: ION had several decent new movies. I liked Golden Dogs 3 and A Star for Christmas (which was kind of wacky and featured a baker whose fly away hair never met a hair net). Their Christmas Twister movie seemed more suited for the SyFy Channel but it was okay and Marla Sokoloff starred in one of those movies with the overused "reliving this event over and over again until the lesson is learned" plot. That and the Scrooge plot seem to be the most popular holiday film plots. ABC Family's The Mistle-Tones was entertaining with great songs. I liked most of Hallmark's 2012 movies but especially Naughty or Nice (as previously mentioned), Come Dance with Me, and Help for the Holidays (which featured three former ABC soap stars: John Brotherton, Dan Gauthier and Eva LaRue).

• Members

I saw it when I had the Hallmark Movie Channel. DirecTV periodically "rewards" me with three free months of their HD Extra Pack. I would never pay extra for it because they cover a third of the screen with banners which block part of the scene. Since they consider it sub-premium and worthy of an additional fee then they should remove the banners. I don't even see why it's not included as part of a general package since most channels are HD now and they don't only show movies. Their programming includes Matlock and Murder She Wrote.

LMN's programming has changed to include episodes of Army Wives in the 3-5 a.m. PST slot and there are weekends where they have marathons of that or other Lifetime original shows, which I happen to find ridiculous.

Anyway, the movie is sweet. I don't know why they waited so long to put it on their schedule. They have a quicker turnaround on their Hallmark Hall of Fame (or whatever they call them) that initially air on ABC. I guess they no longer have a deal with CBS. They used to just disappear but now they're getting time on Hallmark. The latest one happened to be a holiday movie so it made sense that they had additional showings on Hallmark this month but in the past it seemed to be one and done with them. I have yet to see them air Loving Leah which was shown on CBS a few years ago and was pretty good.

Archived