• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

"So, is this how it works, Doctor? You never interfere in the affairs of other people or other plants, unless there's children crying?" pg 16, Amy, The Beast Below  -- The Official Quotable Doctor Who: Wise Words from across Space and Time

Rose:I can see everything. All that is, all that was, all that ever could be.

The Doctor:That's what I see. All the time. And, doesn't it just doesn't it just drive you made made.  -- The Official Quotable Doctor Who: Wise Words from across Space and Time

• Members

Video unavailable.

The Doctor: What is Clarke's Law? Ace: Any advanced form of technology is indistinguishable from magic. The Doctor: Well, the reverse is true.  Ace: Any advanced form of magic is indistinguishable from technology. Battlefield, The Quotable Doctor Who.

• Members

Eccleston was treated horribly after he left - as if he was some kind of a traitor. Considering RTD's later childish behavior with fans on Torchwood and what a lousy hack job Collinson did at Corrie, I tend to be on Eccleston's side.

• Members

Eccleston always deserved a lot more credit than he’s gotten.

I liked Tennant, but preferred the overall direction the show seemed to heading with Eccleston. By the time Smith took over, it was too late to course correct the overwhelming focus on the Doctor as an object of romantic affection.

I find less and less to like about RTD with each rewatch. He was incredibly self-indulgent. Moffat was as well, but I thought he hid it a lot better until he lost Amy and Rory, his first Companions.