• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I'm really trying but I just don't have any enthusiasm left for the new show anymore. First world problems and all, but as someone who has been a big fan since my early teens, not caring more makes me feel sad. 

Edited by DRW50

• Members

I'm also pretty apathetic about the Chibnall era. But I love the show and like the cast, so I'll give it a chance to improve. The BBC is aware of its meh critical response but it's still doing gangbusters numbers; I am hoping that means he may go eventually.

• Members

I didn’t think Toby Whithouse’s episodes were consistently amazing, and I’m not sure he’d have been up for it, but I think he’d have been a far better shepherd for the series (even just based on his Being Human work). Witty with an edge but not nearly as up his own ass as Moffat. I’m not sure when Toby’s latest BBC series is supposed to air.

Edited by Faulkner

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Ratings weren’t great for the premiere on BBCA (0.19 demo, 790k viewers), even accounting for the natural live audience erosion we see for all of TV. BBCA used to really make an event out of every DW premiere, and their lead-up to this year’s felt very muted. The BBC doesn’t allow for much advance warning for premiere dates, so I’m sure they were a bit hamstrung, especially with the premiere happening over the holidays. It’s silly that they’ve effectively ceded Xmas when DW has owned it over the years.

Edited by Faulkner

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...