Y&R: Josh Griffith interview with TV Guide

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Some of the music from that period was extremely haunting. There are a fair few full episodes from the 70's, 80's and 90's online ( you know where) and as you said, silences mixed in with carefully selected scores made scenes very powerful. Case in point, March 7th 1991 is online. This being the episode where Nina shoots David Kimble.

• Members

YES! I rewatched that a few months ago. My hair was standing on end throughout those scenes. Not only was it well-paced script-wise (giving us something to tune into every segment until the final pay-off), but the other great pay-off was Nina telling Kimble that she knew exactly what kind of person he was, and wondering if DK was going to talk her out of shooting him. The mix of silence with slow-building spooky music racheted up the tension to the nth degree. Cinema-worthy IMO.

• Members

New characters are usually needed when a new writer takes over. Sometimes a catalyst is needed and nobody on your canvas is fit for the story, especially on a show full of flat, wooden, useless characters. Disastrous decisions have been made with the Abby character from day one- her conception! Making her 30 when the story of her conception & paternity played out for 2 years at the turn of Milennium? Playing her against an 11 year old Kyle, who was conceived in the exact same storyline.....that we REMEMBER? The thing about being #1 is you have a lot of longtime viewers watching....so to insult our intelligence by aging a character 20 years before our eyes? She's a mess and needs a rest.

As for being a JFP apologist....I prefer to consider myself someone who has actually watched Jill's work for 27 years now, so maybe JFP realist would be more fitting?

Archived