Y&R: Josh Griffith interview with TV Guide

• Members

This JG interview isn't doing much for me. I mean, I'm glad a couple of characters that weren't working have gone, but a bunch more need to go and JG seems to have "put down his ax" for now. I love that he loves Jill and Ashley, but the Jack SL sounds like something MAB would write.

The worst was the stuff about Sharon. Yes, the character prob needs an emotional breakdown in order to be rebuilt from the ground up, but when he said "she's going to be rescued," I just about dry-heaved. Sharon needs to rescue herself, not wait for yet another newbie male to swoop in and make things all better -- with his penis.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Josh Griffith is a very smart guy and I am hearing Michael Muhney saying how much the quality has gone up since JFP/JG took over. I am hearing Jill took over a real mess of a show. The whole producion of it was in shambles. Apparently MAB was rarely on set, her departments such as writing, directing, producing were in disorganized and hadn't met with MAB in months, the budget was blown, and the show was so disjointed. Jill had to work her ass off apparently. She was very busy meeting with all the different departments getting them organized, being in the booth, directing everyone and just being tough and getting the job done. I can't believe CBS let MAB get away with this stuff for so long. Maybe she was too busy with being the director of the museum or hanging with her rich buddies but what COMPLETELY BAD MANAGEMENT by her. She is still in DELUSION. her Y&R was so great and so highly rated. I don't envy Jill's job she was given a mess to work with.

• Members

I'm sure it will be more of a mess with JFP. People tend to suck up to her *cough* Mo Benard and Steve Burton *cough* to get better storylines.

She sucked on OLTL and GH. She'll suck over here too.

I don't know about Griffith. But, when JFP is the EP. She basically rules the roost. Compare Bob Guza's work on GH under Riche to his work under Phelps.

• Members

Yeah, I'm sure more will go, as was hinted (he said they wanted to get rid of more people, lol, which they need to do).

I think the soaps are starting to realize they need a tight, intricate canvas, which means focusing on who they need to focus on. I think all the soaps are moving in a decent direction and maybe FINALLY realizing what they need to do to fix things. However, Days and GH have a ways to go. Days really needs to stop the transitional periods ESPECIALLY when they are 3 and a half months ahead in filming. That's just insanely stupid. What happens when they are cancelled?

• Members

In terms of actors and overall storylines, I'm not the biggest fan of JFP, and think her overall style is a bit too dark and misogynistic, but I think she has a good HW in JG and CBS and Sony seem to be paying close attention so I'm more optimistic with her here. I think she was just a figurehead at GH and I don't really know how much she cared for OLTL. I always felt she cared deeply about Santa Barbara and GL (even though she made numerous mistakes at GL). And the production values are fantastic under her. That kind of style she brings I believe will suit Y&R. The lighting and directing should improve immensely. I miss the fantastic directing on Y&R. Sigh.

• Members

Honestly when JFP has soared in her career its when she had strong head writers and she let them do their job and she produced heavily. Her GL stint was always be her best because had a very strong head writing team. She was good at GL/SB and even she did improve AW with great buzz/hype/production. Her OLTL stint was the most dreadful because she allowed herself to take over and her ego got best in the way. on GH I believe it was Guza's show and it was different with Wendy because she pushed Guza hard and wouldn't take his BS. Thats why they despised each other badly. Guza loved JFP because she let him do what he wanted. Jill won four emmys as EP for GH, there was a few big directing efforts that were very good and some good stuff here and there but largely it was Guza's ego that drove the show bad. Jill said her in latest interview producers don't make ratings writers do and something tells me she didn't know a whole lot of Y&R history. She said she had to go to Josh for alot because she knows the show very well. I am thinking she will in trust Josh to write what he wants and she will execute it. Hey its much better than MAB lack of leadership being missing. IMO MAB is still bitching, she just did a two part interview in SID again talking about her firing. Maybe cause MAB's such a socalitie snob she can get on the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills LMAO. The woman seems to love the limelight.

• Members

Abby's legacy is Ashley stealing Victor's sperm and impregnating herself. It was one of the worst and most damaging stories ever on Y&R and has led to nothing good.

There are very, very few JFP apologists here. We just know the show needs change. I'm not expecting anything great. I just expect something better than the feces currently smeared on my TV.

Archived