Y&R: Josh Griffith interview with TV Guide

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Love it. Being a member of a core family doesn't make you a legacy character automatically. Abby was raised as Brad's daughter, not as a Newman. That is her legacy. Newman DNA doesn't erase what we saw for years. And she was aged so rapidly she might as well have been a new character.

Music is one of Jill's specialties, isn't it? I'm sure she'll pay close attention to it. The Y&R music is one of the many consistent things that set Y&R apart that LML was allowed to chuck after 30 years.

• Members

Gothic, it done well, can make a show stand out. Some of Days of Our Lives under JER in the 1990's was gothic, and was good to watch. So, that I wouldn't mind.

The cinematic look, I'm not so sure about. Does it mean it will look filmic, as in a Primetime show or a movie? Or that the filming technique will be as such, it resembles a grand, cinematic experience, whilst retaining the 'naturalistic' look it has now. I'm not sure I'm making my point brilliantly. Lol

• Members

+ 1000. JFP's love for the 80s synthesizer, while great for Santa Barbara, makes me very nervous.

If anything, she needs to burrow even more deeply into the music archives and bring back the haunting, definitive music Y&R used from 1973 up to the 1990s/early part of 2000s. I can't properly describe them in words, but as soon as you heard them, you knew instantly -- "Y&R!" There is some music currently on the show that could be jettisoned in favour of these classics which remain timeless.

Also, MAB uses music over everything. Y&R's past EPs (excluding LML) knew how to intertwine the background music with long stretches of silence, making scenes even more powerful.

Archived