Y&R: Josh Griffith interview with TV Guide

• Members

LOL, I LOVE the "I OWN JABOT!" scene. I actually really liked that whole storyline.

It reminds me of 1999, when Belle was the flower girl at John & Marlena's and 6 weeks later, she was in high school! It's just too much. If you're going to age a character, send them off the canvas for a while or do it with a character who has been off the canvas.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I can't speak to Victoria because Heather Tom had already assumed the role when I started watching, but Nick was around 9-11 and blonde when he was SORAS'd. I believe he was sent off to boarding school for about a year before Joshua Morrow came on as "Horny Nick" and we never looked back. With all the young hunks that have come & gone, it's hard to believe that Morrow is still there all these years later.

• Members

I couldn't remember when Nick last aired before Morrow came on. Now I'm thinking it was around Christmas and Morrow debuted in May or June?

Either way, Nick's SORASing didn't bother me and wasn't too jarring. At least they gave us 6 months. With Kyle and Abby, it wasn't even close to that, and Abby was actually SORASed twice within a year.

• Members

John Alden's Nick last aired early in 94 but was played Morrow by late spring.

Indeed.

What made things worse with Kyle & Abby was there was no instant stories for the characters like there was for Morrow when Nick was SORASED so they pretty much uselessly stood around in scenes (Hayley Erin's Abby) or were used to prop horrible characters in afterthought stories (Garrett Ryan's Kyle) or both (Marcy Rylan's Abby).

Archived